Conor's cardio as compared to the top 10 guys at LW

Antimony

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I look at the cardio of guys like RDA, Khabib, Barboza, Fegurson and the likes and wonder how Conor is going to survive in a 5 round match with these guys if it gets to that without 'RESETTING'.

So honestly, which top 10 LW fighter currently would Conor outperform in the cardio department?

those guys aren't Nate Diaz though they may have great cardio, they don't have the cardio, pace, chin and forward style that Nate brings that contributes to gassing more. He also went 25 minutes with Nate and was fighting until the last seconds so his cardio is likely in tip top shape.

I look at the cardio of guys like RDA, Khabib, Barboza, Fegurson and the likes and wonder how Conor is going to survive in a 5 round match with these guys if it gets to that without 'RESETTING'.

Conor would need to be put on that Lance Armstrong program to compete with those guys when it comes to cardio.

Probably has lower cardio than all of them. He can hurt Barboza and Dustin before that matters though.

He has the potential to KO a lot of those guys early not making the gas tank an issue. People are forgetting that Diaz's chin is the only reason that fight lasted. The guy was floored three times, not many fighters are continuing past that second round.

Let's see him fight at LW against a non-Diaz before we automatically assume his cardio sucks.

So honestly, which top 10 LW fighter currently would Conor outperform in the cardio department?

People seem to be forgetting that at 155lbs, conor's cardio will be much greater than at 170lbs.

He better work on that Cardio. When he faces fighters especially wrestlers who will use their weight and grappling pressure it will be worse than Nate for him. Conor pretty much fought at his own pace and controlled the first 2 rounds against Nate then slowed down a lot and started watching the clock throughout the rest of the fight.

I think Michael Johnsons' is the only worse one right now

Back