What happened to TJ Grant?

Peyow

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Pretty sure he was unbeaten as a lightweight and was currently on something like a 5 or 6 fight win streak against top guys. Correct me if im wrong but his last fight may have even been a title eliminator where he knocked out Gray Maynard. I know he got concussed or injured or something but that was way back in 2013. Does anyone know where hes at these days? Retired? Been cut? Eventually making a comeback???

Concussion syndrome

Retired because of that.

S*ck, he was fun to watch and on a roll before that

Isn't he working in a mine now or something?

Poor guy got concussed rolling at his gym and never recovered.

I wish we could have seen that TJ Grant vs Benson Henderson matchup.

Feel bad for TJ, he was on a good roll

its crazy cuz the guy had an iron chin when he fought but got concussed when he was rolling BJJ and it lead to his retirement. damn, shame

According to Sherdog, Dana paid Grant to sit out so they could make Bendo/Pettis II.

Grant is just really committed to the role I guess.

It's too bad cause he was really, really close to a title shot. He missed out on a payday with that 1.

He's working as a miner or someshit. I feel bad for the dude he was one fight away from finally making good money in this sport

Explanation for the illiterate.

f

Does Google not work in your household, OP? All of this is information you could have found within seconds in a simple Google search.

Does Google not work in your household, OP? All of this is information you could have found within seconds in a simple Google search.
The only explanation is that the OP is TJ Grant.

I seriously feel like there is an unspoken rule that a monthly thread asking where TJ Grant is needs to be made.

ill be at a party with him next week, cpl of my buddies were at his place for ufc 202.
He has 2 kids now, got hurt never fully recovered, makes good money doing his thing now without getting punched in the face.

ill be at a party with him next week, cpl of my buddies were at his place for ufc 202.
He has 2 kids now, got hurt never fully recovered, makes good money doing his thing now without getting punched in the face.

Good for him then, enjoy the family life.

I've read that he's fully recovered, it seems like he might be apprehensive going back into MMA though. Getting knocked out is one thing, having to deal with post concussion syndrome for two years is something TOTALLY different, not nessicarly in how it affects you physically but how it can affect you mentally as well. I can see him deciding that potentially feeling like shit for dozens of months isn't worth it.

Back