Matt Serra explains why Nate Diaz won

Actualized174

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
“I thought Diaz won, three rounds to two, to be honest with you. I think it came down to that fifth round and Diaz won it.”

“First round Conor and in the second round, first minute, boom, he knocks down Nate. Some are thinking it’s automatically a 10-8 round [to McGregor] but I don’y know. The next four minutes, at the end of that round… shit, look at him going back to his stool. He was lucky.”

“Third round could have been a 10-8 for Nate. If you are saying the fifth round could have been a 10-9 for either one, it depends on who you gave it to, I gave it to Nate and I thought the take-down sealed the deal at the very end. That was beautifully executed.”

“He was stalking McGregor the whole time; backing him up.”

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/matt-serra/matt-serra-explains-nate-diaz-given-win-ufc-202/

Damn hes salty too? Lost respect...

I agree with him in so much that I had em tied two-two going into the fifth and had Nate winning that round.. but it was a close fight and a good one. If the conor fans weren't so unbearable about pretending it was a domination it'd be easier to move past.

Serra Vs McGregor at 170lbs

who wins?

Serra bless. Thanks for sharing your wisdom. People here will be butthurt and start to insult him though.

Matt Serra knows...

true warrior.

ooPCvt.gif

Yea but Serra hates Conor. Serra also predicted Nate would murder him. He would never admit Conor won.

“I thought Diaz won, three rounds to two, to be honest with you. I think it came down to that fifth round and Diaz won it.”

“First round Conor and in the second round, first minute, boom, he knocks down Nate. Some are thinking it’s automatically a 10-8 round [to McGregor] but I don’y know. The next four minutes, at the end of that round… shit, look at him going back to his stool. He was lucky.”

“Third round could have been a 10-8 for Nate. If you are saying the fifth round could have been a 10-9 for either one, it depends on who you gave it to, I gave it to Nate and I thought the take-down sealed the deal at the very end. That was beautifully executed.”

“He was stalking McGregor the whole time; backing him up.”

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/matt-serra/matt-serra-explains-nate-diaz-given-win-ufc-202/

This is the problem most of guys who picked Nate watched the fight 1 time and where shouting for Nate. You will pick Nate as the winner if you don't watch the fight again.

There is no debate to be had Conor won round 1 and won round 2 and won round 4. Nate never won round 4 because he was most hurt in this round out of the other two rounds Conor won.

It's true. It all depends on how your u weigh two flash knockdown vs Conor looking broken and getting beaten up exactly like he did when he was stopped before. It looked like he was going to be stopped whereas I didn't think Nate was close to being stopped at all. I still go back and forth in my mind on who won that round.

Lmao did Matt even watch the fight? He dropped Diaz twice in the 2nd round and dominated up until the last 2 minutes. He's acting like he flash KD Nate and then did nothing the last "4 minutes" of the round.

How in the Hell are people giving Nate round 2. The momentum didn't start too change until 1:30 was left and Nate didn't capitalize until about :50sec were left. Were they watching the same fight I was?

Matt is salty but so are the fanboys just because someone thought their boy lost.....

Serra busy analysing how he thinks a fighter 'looks' rather than what actually occured in the round.

Why would he be "salty" he's a unbiased fighter with no connection to Nate or Conor giving his opinion you fucking idiots

lol sweet god Matt Serra is a dumb as some Sherdoggers.

I just can't take anyone seriously that thought Diaz won. Name another fight like rnd 3 of Diaz/Mcgregor that was scored 10-8. You can't because no such fight exists.

He can have his own opinion. It is naive to call people salty because they have different opinion

Same ppl who thought GSP beat Johnny Hendricks are the same ppl who thought McGregor beat Diaz. and I'm a huge Conor fan but there is no way he won that fight lol. Gotta get his cardio together man.

Back