If Pettis wins, then book him and Aldo

Reddd

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They were already supposed to fight years ago any way. This would be perfect timing.

Aldo wanted nothing to do with Pettis the first time around, and DW clearly talked about how they had to force Aldo and his handlers into a room to get him to finally sign a contract to fight him. Pettis ended up getting hurt, but this would be a great style fight to make finally. Conor should be out for a while any way, and Aldo needs another win to get another shot at Conor.

who pulls out that fight with an injury first? that's the real question

They were already supposed to fight years ago any way. This would be perfect timing.

Aldo wanted nothing to do with Pettis the first time around, and DW clearly talked about how they had to force Aldo and his handlers into a room to get him to finally sign a contract to fight him. Pettis ended up getting hurt, but this would be a great style fight to make finally. Conor should be out for a while any way, and Aldo needs another win to get another shot at Conor.

It would be a good match potentially but Pettis needs to put his time in the division first. He shouldn't jump ahead of Holloway and everyone else.

Ummm

No thanks

He had his chance buto got scared and pulled out with a fake injury just to magically heal and then fight henderson

It was a business move obviously but still he pulled out

And he's like 1-5

And Holloway deserves a title shot

calm down skippy, he's on a losing streak...... one win at FW doesnt give him the right to skip ahead of Holloway and the rest

U have to give it to Hollaway first. If Pettis strings together a few wins (i think Chad Mendes would be a sick fight if he returns), then him vs Aldo would be awesome

This doesn't make sense especially with who he is fighting not being all that relevant.

I say give him some time to build his rep back up. If he wins this weekend maybe match him up with Cub or Lamas (unless BJ pulls a upset). Holloway should fight Aldo. Maybe then Pettis could be fight the winner or even loser of that fight assuming he wins with authority. It also depends on what Conor ends up doing too.

Being 1-4 doesn't get you a title shot

The hell it doesn't! This is the UFC where title shots are given based on drawing power. You betta ask somebody. UFC doesn't operate on fairness homie.

And Pettis would not be 1-4. He'd be 1-0 at 145. Your record in other divisions doesn't necessarily count.

Are you going to sit here and lie and say you wouldn't watch?

I say give him some time to build his rep back up. If he wins this weekend maybe match him up with Cub or Lamas (unless BJ pulls a upset). Holloway should fight Aldo. Maybe then Pettis could be fight the winner or even loser of that fight assuming he wins with authority. It also depends on what Conor ends up doing too.

I like the CUb Swanson fight as well.

I don't think Aldo deserves a title shot. I do think Holloway does. I get what people are saying there. Let Aldo earn it like Holloway has. Holloway has won like 7 fights since losing to Conor. Aldo got gifted a decision against Frankie where he ran the majority of the fight and landed less punches.

i'd like to see Anthony pick up a quick win and fight Frankie Edgar

No, if Conor can't be bothered to defend the belt then Aldo's first defense as the new undisputed featherweight champion should be against Holloway.

Back