Why did Nate fight Conor? Why did Conor choose to fight Nate?

dissufc

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Nate doesn't have a belt and never will.
Going up in weight means going to 155lbs.

So, where is the logic in fighting a gatekeeper at 170 when Conor could have fought another 155lb'er after RDA dropped out?

Conor's other choices:
  • Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • Tony Ferguson
  • Edson Barboza
  • Donald Cerrone
  • Anthony Pettis

Is it really because Nate said some post fight comments about him?
Is it because Nate is the weakest of the bunch? Fighting a skinny fat guy is better than fighting Khabib for example. Is it because Conor wanted to enrich Nate more than the other guys? I think Conor loses to all of the above.

Why would Nate choose to fight a smaller guy? Who calls out fighters from lower weight divisions?
For example Luke Rockhold would never call out any of these guys above.

It's all greek to me.

conormoney.jpg

Nate choose Conor.

Don't get it twisted.

Late notice originally
Rematch
$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$
and
$$$$$$$$$$$$$

He handpicked Nate because he thought he would be the easiest win, which only added to the humiliation when he got brutally finished.

Conor pick Nate because he thought it would be an easy win for a lot of money.
And it would not derail his title shot against RDA.

But then he lost.

Lol at Pettis beating conor. I hope we see that fight one day. Pettis would have major trouble surviving the first round.

Did u not know 196 made the biggest ppv in recent years?
Conor took the fight for redemption and for money! Nate simply took the fight for money, there's no other fighter he can fight to generate that same amount of money.... It's simple

Because Conor knows who the real money fight is, it's Diaz motherfuckers!

He picked Nate because he thought (and rightfully so) that that fight would be the biggest draw. More money. Numbers. PPV cuts...

He handpicked Nate because he thought he would be the easiest win, which only added to the humiliation when he got brutally finished.
This.

Nate was game because he knew a fight with Conor would change his bum life.$$$$$

I think calling Nate a gate keeper before the Conor fights was already off, especially cause he already fought for a title lol now there's no way you can call him a gate keeper after the Conor fights and making close to 15m. I'd be surprised if Nate doesn't fight for a title soon too plus the Mcgregor fight (which could be the same fight).

They both knew it was $$ tho.

Nate doesn't have a belt and never will.
Going up in weight means going to 155lbs.

So, where is the logic in fighting a gatekeeper at 170 when Conor could have fought another 155lb'er after RDA dropped out?

Conor's other choices:
  • Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • Tony Ferguson
  • Edson Barboza
  • Donald Cerrone
  • Anthony Pettis

Is it really because Nate said some post fight comments about him?
Is it because Nate is the weakest of the bunch? Fighting a skinny fat guy is better than fighting Khabib for example. Is it because Conor wanted to enrich Nate more than the other guys? I think Conor loses to all of the above.

Why would Nate choose to fight a smaller guy? Who calls out fighters from lower weight divisions?
For example Luke Rockhold would never call out any of these guys above.

It's all greek to me.
Didn't Luke Rockhold call out McGregor?

Lol at people thinking Conor chose Nate cause it was the easiest fight, Nate was probably the worst fight for him stylistic wise other than Khabib, he simply chose Nate cause RDS got injured and Nate was the biggest fight money wise, he knew Diaz and him would do big numbers simple as that.

He picked Nate because he thought (and rightfully so) that that fight would be the biggest draw. More money. Numbers. PPV cuts...
He picked Nate so he can change Nates pay, he thinks Nate deserves more! He has always looked up to the Diaz brothers! Watch his early interviews in Europe, they were his idols.

Conor could have chosen these guys at 170lbs, yet chose Nate.
Sure Nate just beat MJ handily cuz MJ was an absolute idiot/punching bag, in the same fashion Cowboy was when he fought Nate. There's nothing easier for Nate and Nick than a guy standing in front of them hoping to trade without moving their head from the centre line.
  • Robbie Lawler
  • Stephen Thompson
  • Rory Macdonald
  • Demian Maia
  • Carlos Condit
  • Kelvin Gastelum
  • Neil Magny
  • Johny Hendricks

I think Nate was the easiest choice and he helped the cause by swearing/calling out Conor at the camera post fight. I don't think Conor would fight any of the above if they called him out in the same belligerent fashion as Nate.

In regards to bigger opponents calling out Conor, I think it's a tragedy, especially when it's the WWE.

Conor could have chosen these guys at 170lbs, yet chose Nate.
Sure Nate just beat MJ handily cuz MJ was an absolute idiot/punching bag, in the same fashion Cowboy was when he fought Nate. There's nothing easier for Nate and Nick than a guy standing in front of them hoping to trade without moving their head from the centre line.
  • Robbie Lawler
  • Stephen Thompson
  • Rory Macdonald
  • Demian Maia
  • Carlos Condit
  • Kelvin Gastelum
  • Neil Magny
  • Johny Hendricks

I think Nate was the easiest choice and he helped the cause by swearing/calling out Conor at the camera post fight. I don't think Conor would fight any of the above if they called him out in the same belligerent fashion as Nate.

In regards to bigger opponents calling out Conor, I think it's a tragedy, especially when it's the WWE.

he fought a LW, dude. with 12 days left and the LW champ bowing out, Zuffa called a different LW (Diaz) and asked if he'd fight Conor on 12 days notice. Diaz said yes, then waited 8 hours. Then Diaz called back and said "fuck this, if you want me to fight on 11 days notice, I'll fight, but not at 155. Unless we sign right now, I'm not cutting. I'll fight at 170 though." then next day Zuffa got all the other ducks in a row and asked Diaz if he'd fight 155. he said no, 170. so then they called Conor's people and they said "sure".

for the 2nd fight Conor insisted on the same guy, same weight.

maybe you know all this and yours is a subtle jab at all the people calling claiming Conor "went up 2 divisions and fought a WW". or, you don't know the history. if it's the latter, now you know. if the former...be smarter than that. don't become the asshole you don't like. your time is worth more than arguing with those assholes. they aren't worth you also becoming like them.

he fought a LW, dude. with 12 days left and the LW champ bowing out, Zuffa called a different LW (Diaz) and asked if he'd fight Conor on 12 days notice. Diaz said yes, then waited 8 hours. Then Diaz called back and said "fuck this, if you want me to fight on 11 days notice, I'll fight, but not at 155. Unless we sign right now, I'm not cutting. I'll fight at 170 though." then next day Zuffa got all the other ducks in a row and asked Diaz if he'd fight 155. he said no, 170. so then they called Conor's people and they said "sure".

for the 2nd fight Conor insisted on the same guy, same weight.

maybe you know all this and yours is a subtle jab at all the people calling claiming Conor "went up 2 divisions and fought a WW". or, you don't know the history. if it's the latter, now you know. if the former...be smarter than that. don't become the asshole you don't like. your time is worth more than arguing with those assholes. they aren't worth you also becoming like them.

STFU YOU GOOF.

Back