Regarding UFC negotiations with Cowboy Cerrone and next fight (Conor???)

What's next for Cowboy???

• Total voters

BRASIL WAND

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone surprised how smooth UFC negotiations with Cowboy went, to the point where he didn't even test free agency???

He's stated they're to announce a fight for him real soon, as soon as the UFC NYC card perhaps.

Per Cowboys Twitter:

So here's the question, what do you guys think the catch was for Cowboy signing so quickly?

-A fast track to the WW title?

-Big $$$ fight vs a Diaz or GSP?

-A fight vs Eddie Alvarez while Conor defends FW belt?

-Or my personal opinion... a #1 Contender fight vs Conor McGregor @ LW?

What say you Sherbros, what's next for Cerrone???

him vs larkin could be great at WW

Id like to see either the alvarez rematch or him vs conor or maybe Fergusen

Him vs Conor at LW. Let Eddie fight Ferguson while Khabib fights RDA. That's how I'd do it.

No He wanted to stay, and they get exclusive negotiating rights for a few months. Cowboy said it himself that he was staying, and he wasn't leaving Vegas until they gave him another fight.

I think he knows the UFC is the only place that’s going to keep him as active as he likes to be, and therefor make him the most money.

He wants the Madison square garden fight. That's why he signed so quick.

Cerrone vs Ellenberger

Or Conor

I want Khabib to get the next shot

Does it really matter? Cowboy fights anybody! As long as he's getting paid! Oh and as long as it's not a title fight or number one contender fight he will win! Otherwise he's always missing a little mental game

Stay at welterweight; he's never looked better and his speed advantage has helped his defence a lot.

Anyone surprised how smooth UFC negotiations with Cowboy went, to the point where he didn't even test free agency???

He's stated they're to announce a fight for him real soon, as soon as the UFC NYC card perhaps.

Per Cowboys Twitter:

So here's the question, what do you guys think the catch was for Cowboy signing so quickly?

According to the mma beat yesterday he never fought out his contract and he was mistaken about it being the last fight on his deal.

He can fight Gastelum next, that will be a good fight and they are both very close in the rankings together

Bad management or a push-over attitude.

Cowboy famously states he's underpaid and underappreciated - Dana responds in the media by saying Cowboy is 'inconsistent' and thats why he's on the pay scale he's on.

Stop and think about how obnoxious that statement is. The guy has over 20 fights in the UFC, one of the most active fighters on the roster, perhaps in the history of the sport, and he's lost 4 times. Three of those losses were to peers who have been world champions.

He gets 85k to show.

He's one of the most entertaining company men of all time, and he is grossly, woefully, embarrassingly underpaid. I hope he's getting at least double that in his new deal - if he isn't, it just highlights how fighters have no advocacy. If you are unwilling to fight out your contract, you get an awful deal.

Conor v Aldo 2 + Cerrone v Alvarez. Cerrone wins and his first title defense is against Conor.

Smh so many better fights than the ones that you listed.

Per Cowboys Twitter:

Untill I see the contract and the money he is getting now, I'll consider him not a very smart businessman. Remeber all of his talk: I'll fight for free and shit like that. Its ok to love your job.. but dont do it for a few coins. So Im thinking that they offered him a little pay rise and he just jumped and shook their hand because he loves to be in UFC

Back