Julianna Pena says Amanda Nunes ducking her, issues with Raquel Pennington

MMA 4 A CURE

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://mymmanews.com/sflc-164-jeff-borris-damon-martin-julianna-pena/

Julianna Pena went on the SFLC Podcast the other night and talked about win over Cat, Ronda coming back, and issue with Amanda Nunes and Raquel Pennington.

Break down is below. Audio at link above.

1:40:19- Was TUF the most difficult thing you’ve done in your career?: “Yeah, most definitely. You know, when you’re trapped in a house with a bunch of people that all wanna kill you…and you don’t get any contract from the outside world, you can’t read a book or a magazine…you know, you’re training grueling training sessions to potentially win the biggest contract and life changing thing ever…You’re going up against the toughest competition with the strongest mind, you know, and you have to be physically and mentally and emotionally prepared to do that and to come out on top…It definitely was one of the hardest things I’ve had to go through.”

1:41:15- Talking about her last fight with Cat Zingano: “…I think Cat is one of the toughest females in the division right at the top with all the rest of those girls…She’s a world class athlete, she hit some beautiful throws. I knew that she was gonna be strong in that area, but I wasn’t too worried about what she was gonna do after that because I knew she wasn’t gonna be able to control me after she hit…You just kinda gotta weather the storm, you gotta keep grinding and you gotta keep being persistent and not let yourself be denied. You gotta have that mental confidence in there and know you’re gonna be ok…That’s what I did and that’s what I do…I’m never gonna change that mental aspect of my game.”

1:42:25- Her reaction to Amanda Nunes’ comments about her last fight and not being impressed: “Just pisses me off because I feel like she’s been ducking on this fight, you know, and that sounds like something that somebody scared says. That sounds like something a coward does…They wanna look for every excuse. Oh I’m waiting for the money fight, or I’m waiting for Ronda to come back, or I wasn’t impressed by your performance, or you need to prove yourself one more time… I’ve proved myself many times, more times than she’s proven herself and she needs to prove herself to me as far as I’m concerned.”

1:43:32- On her deserving the title shot: “…It shouldn’t be a conversation at all. I am the real champion in my opinion and I just can’t wait to show that to the world and I’m gonna make a statement when I do. Amanda Nunes is scared, Amanda Nunes is ducking me, and she was, you know…gifted a chance at the title shot when Miesha put it up for grabs and did the right thing as a champion and tried to defend her belt. Holly did the same thing and she put her title out on the line, she didn’t wait for Ronda to come back and get the big money fight…All these other champions are being real champions, they think that they’re the best in the world and they want to test their skills against the best in world. But for some reason, Amanda doesn’t wanna do that and she wants to wait for Ronda and I don’t understand that at all. If she thinks that she’s the best in the world and that she’s waiting for a payday…well then come beat me up real quick! Come get your payday over here real fast and then go fight Ronda when Ronda decides to come back…It really is annoying and there really is no clear cut answer besides me and Amanda Nunes fighting at Madison Square Garden.

1:45:07- Have there been any talks with the UFC about Julianna fighting for the belt?: “Yeah, I heard Ronda Rousey is never coming back again. So I’m just waiting pretty much for them to ring my phone and tell me that I’m fighting for the title.”

1:45:31- Her reaction to naysayers: “I don’t know why they always tune into my fights then…I got the most viewings with my fight (with) Cat Zingano than there’s ever (been) on the channel (Fox Sports). I don’t really know where that comes from, but I definitely know that people get pumped and excited to watch me fight whether they wanna see me get knocked out or knock somebody out, they’re tuning in every time I fight…I don’t pay attention to that stuff that’s negative. “

1:47:50- On a potential fight with Raquel Pennington and personal conflict: “The heat is that she couldn’t get past the girl who I beat in the finale (of TUF). She needs to go take it up with the past and realize we’re in the future. If she wants to fight me she’s gonna have to take a ticket and get in line. There is not heat there. The only heat that there is is me wanting to punch that chick in the face for even trying to step to me about this shit.”

Juliana says a lot of stupid things, just watch her arrest video on Youtube...

Seriously question: Does anyone actually like Pena? Also what is she good at besides just being aggressive and cardio?

Seriously question: Does anyone actually like Pena? Also what is she good at besides just being aggressive and cardio?
I like that she's a heel, and the potential of her winning the title and eventually fighting Rousey will be a unique moment in MMA history where fans will be forced to choose who they hate less.

To be honest if somebody told me Nate/Nick Diaz said this instead of her I would probably believe it, and people love them.

Answer #1: No .. no one actually likes her

Answer #2: She is only good at being aggressive with good cardio. Her striking is terrible, and her grappling relies mostly on physical strength

Of course she is saying whatever she needs to in order to get her TS, and she is being annoying AF while doing so ... and she also has absolutely horrible taste in sunglasses.

y3iHrbH.gif

She won't get the title off Nunes ImO

Her reaction to naysayers: “I don’t know why they always tune into my fights then…I got the most viewings with my fight (with) Cat Zingano than there’s ever (been) on the channel (Fox Sports). huh ?I find that hard to be true..

Her reaction to naysayers: “I don’t know why they always tune into my fights then…I got the most viewings with my fight (with) Cat Zingano than there’s ever (been) on the channel (Fox Sports). huh ?I find that hard to be true..
They road the coattails of UFC 200 which was the most stacked and hyped prelims in history, her name wasn't even a part it, it was just headlined as UFC 200: Prelims. There was also no viewing competition. She was on UFC 192 and it was one of the worst drawing PPVs in history.

Who would be scared of Pena? The worst scenario is she grapple fucks you to a decision while causing ZERO damage, she has the worst striking in the division bar none.

They road the coattails of UFC 200 which was the most stacked and hyped prelims in history, her name wasn't even a part it, it was just headlined as UFC 200: Prelims. There was also no viewing competition. She was on UFC 192 and it was one of the worst drawing PPVs in history.
Yea its funny she makes it like it was just cause of her fight lol

Back