Do or die for Pettis?

lefthighkick01

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Is this his do or die fight?
I wonder if he has made the improvements he needs to win

This fight is absolutely do or die for Pettis. I don't know what's next for him if he drops 4 straight. But at least this time he's not fighting someone exactly known for using and pressuring opponents with wrestling, so he has a better chance for the win.

Maybe.

If he lose again he might need to leave roufus camp for good.
I think he already went to Jack/wink part time right?

Lost against former champ, lost against current champ, lost against Barboza in a competitive fight - not exactly a tune-up, exciting striker, 29 years old.

I just think it's silly that he moved down a weight class.

Yup, he needs to win this fight badly. He can't afford to go 0-4, I think UFC might get rid of him. Remember Pettis has a very expensive contract, he still has the deal he signed when he won the belt, his contract is not cheap.. if he loses I think UFC will call it a day with him. He has to win imo

This fight is absolutely do or die for Pettis. I don't know what's next for him if he drops 4 straight. But at least this time he's not fighting someone exactly known for using and pressuring opponents with wrestling, so he has a better chance for the win.
People said that before the Barboza fight.

Lost against former champ, lost against current champ, lost against Barboza in a competitive fight - not exactly a tune-up, exciting striker, 29 years old.

I just think it's silly that he moved down a weight class.

His loss against the current champ was competitive; I didn't think the Barboza fight was. Not to take anything away from Barboza but Pettis seemed very passive.

His loss against the current champ was competitive; I didn't think the Barboza fight was. Not to take anything away from Barboza but Pettis seemed very passive.
Styles make fights and Barboza can give anyone in the division a lot of trouble. I don't think Pettis is anywhere near done, just has a lot of trouble with injuries.

I refuse to believe that Pettis is washed up. The dude has massive skills, just doesn't appear to me that his head is in it anymore. I think he'll win this fight pretty handily. Stylistically, it should be a competitive fight.

I don't think they cut him with a loss. He did have a very close fight with the current champion in the skid he's going through, plus the company has done a lot to promote him and his brother. If he loses, he'll probably get a lower ranked guy as a "loser leaves town" type fight.

If Bigfoot is still collecting paychecks I don't think Pettis is going anywhere anytime soon.

he said he never had to cut weight for 155, maybe at 145 he can be more like Conor and dominate them manlets.

Big fan of pettis. And yes this is do or die for him. This is almost. hardy esque decline we are seeing from him. I hope he turns it around here. I think he can. Do Bronx is no joke though

after complaining about eddie alvarez's wall and stall fight...the barboza one was suppose to be catered to his style of fighting. but he just looked broken in that fight.

maybe the weightclass change is a clean slate in his mind.

Not quite do or die but Pettis went from sherdog saying "he's gonna be a dominant champ" to where he is real quick. I do believe that fundamentally the book is out on him and that's going to be a problem until he changes/adjusts his game

Back