Paige VanZant overmatched again?

Snyper

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
After getting completely dominated by Rose, I definitely thought there was a better stylistic matchup for Paige to comeback to. Considering she had spent more time recently being a dancer on DWTS than a fighter in the UFC, has a fight style predicated on absorbing damage and being tough, and leads into the clinch face first; matching her against one of the harder hitters in the division just seems like it's going to lead to another long night for PVZ and another L on her record. What do you Sherdawgs think?

Bec Rawlings is not on Rose's level. Not even close.

its gonna look pretty bad if Paige losses to Rawling, especially by how bad most on here think Rawlings is

After getting completely dominated by Rose, I definitely thought there was a better stylistic matchup for Paige to comeback to. Considering she had spent more time recently being a dancer on DWTS than a fighter in the UFC, has a fight style predicated on absorbing damage and being tough, and leads into the clinch face first; matching her against one of the harder hitters in the division just seems like it's going to lead to another long night for PVZ and another L on her record. What do you Sherdawgs think?

I agree. I am hoping she wins, however, I just don't see it.

I honestly don't know both fighters well enough to know. I do know that Shelby certainly thinks this is a very favourable match-up for Vanzant.

I honestly don't know both fighters well enough to know. I do know that Shelby certainly thinks this is a very favourable match-up for Vanzant.
You know that how?

I don't really rate Rawlings. Definitely possible Paige grinds it out

Rawlings is a very good all around fighter. Better with hands.

It could be a long night for either girl. Paige can wrestlefuck her and Bec can hurt Van Zant and beat her up all night w/ Sprawl and Brawl.

after seeing pages gash and that ross guy put a pounding on her. id watch her take poundings all day. all puns intended

This fight can go either way. Bec is not a great fighter but she hits hard. She tends to gas during fights also. PVZ has terrible boxing defense and usually just walks through punches to get to clinch. This won't work vs Bec. If PVZ does survive until Bec gasses she can win the fight by TKO or Sub. It might be too late to win via decision depending on when Bec gasses.

Bec isn't a very good fighter. I think PVZ takes this one for sure.

I feel as though Bec Rawlings lacks the defensive wrestling to win this fight.

Bec to big to Strong and has improved her Cardio. She has been looking super crsip as well.

This is her fight to lose IMO and lol and idiots who are saying rawlings is a bad fighter.

All I know about Bec Rawlings is that she is notorious for posting vague motivational crap while brandishing her ass and cooch at the same time. Which is fine I guess for people that want that combo, I just know nothing about her as a fighter other than her record isn't too impressive.

If paige cant beat a scrub like rawlings she should go back and just dance

I think she will dominate the grappling though and wear on bec and get a 3rd round finish.

She'll outpace Bec, Bec will tire and get pounded into a TKO

She's a top 10 SW. Not sure who an easier match than Rawling would be without giving her an obvious an obvious pick to get back in the win column.

PVZ may just out work her. She is good in scrambles and has great cardio. Skill-wise, not so much.

Back