Conor: "I was inefficient with my energy"

cigano

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
He wasn't really wrong then was he?

He didn't blow his wad(tucket) early this time and inflicted significant damage on Diaz throughout the 5 rounds. Diaz would have been KO'd had he not been a significantly larger man.

Funny how so many of my sherbros were saying Conor was making excuses but it was fact. Proof is in the pudding, my brothers.

while no fan of CM:

1. he appears correct.

2. im choosing to "like" this before @Wadtucket , a rarity in these parts.

(although it is nice to have a positive mind around here).

I agree that for the most part he wasn't making excuses but rather answering questions made by reporters, but I'm pretty sure that facts can also be used as excuses.

giphy.gif

...He still slowed down significantly in round 2 in the rematch though.

Personally I thought him mentioning how much bigger Nate is in the interview with Joe was more hilarious. Especially after saying size doesnt matter

"Yeah i took a chance went up in weight to fight the bigger man at 170. Good work by 170 pound Nate he done the job while being bigger. Nate Diaz is bigger than me by the way."

People said he was making excuses. No, that's just what happened. He fought a dumb fight against a bigger man who has no brain so can take an incredible amount of punishment to the head. Conor wore himself out and couldn't fight.

It's pretty simple. In both fights, in round 1 when they were both fresh, Conor annihilated him because he's a much better fighter.

He didn't blow his wad(tucket) early this time and inflicted significant damage on Diaz throughout the 5 rounds. Diaz would have been KO'd had he not been a significantly larger man.

Funny how so many of my sherbros were saying Conor was making excuses but it was fact. Proof is in the pudding, my brothers.

It's funny that Bendo, RDA, Johnson, Maynard, Guida, Gomi, Thompson, Cerrone, Miller, Melvin all never complained or even mentioned how massive and gigantic this monster is Nate Diaz.

Very weird indeed.

Didn't Conor himself say, at the pre-fight press conference, that he will be the bigger man in the cage when him and RDA fight?

No but he also was alot more accurate this time.I think sparring for months with a big guy like conor wallace helped him alot

...He still slowed down significantly in round 2 in the rematch though.

Personally I thought him mentioning how much bigger Nate is in the interview with Joe was more hilarious. Especially after saying size doesnt matter

"Yeah i took a chance went up in weight to fight the bigger man at 170. Good work by 170 pound Nate he done the job while being bigger. Nate Diaz is bigger than me by the way."

There's no shame in learning.
As soon as he felt that size is indeed an issue, he never changed his stance on the issue.
I believe he genuinely thought that it wouldn't be an issue, but he was wrong.
He admitted that, moved forward with it, and prepared for it specifically.
I think that's an amazing sign of fight IQ.
Instead it is used to shit on the guy.

Yes, he immediately identified the problem after losing. He was already assessing the fight and spend the next few months rectifying it.

Rare.

For all we know he would've had a second wind by RD 4 in the first fight too.

He just never made it there.

It's pretty simple. In both fights, in round 1 when they were both fresh, Conor annihilated him because he's a much better fighter.
Gassing in rd 2 is not evidence of an inferior fighter? McFans never stop amusing me

There's no shame in learning.
As soon as he felt that size is indeed an issue, he never changed his stance on the issue.
I believe he genuinely thought that it wouldn't be an issue, but he was wrong.
He admitted that, moved forward with it, and prepared for it specifically.
I think that's an amazing sign of fight IQ.
Instead it is used to shit on the guy.

Poor baby Conor getting his multiple contradictions pointed out :(

Maybe Conor will stop chatting about size all the time now and admit he isn't a Goliath

He seemed pretty gassed at around the 8 min mark. Round 3-5 he was basically surviving and Diaz being an idiot and having no gameplan/fight IQ. ( which is quite surprising for someone with so much experience ).

Poor baby Conor getting his multiple contradictions pointed out :(

If you can't be rational enough to acknowledge that McGregor learned from the first fight, I cannot help you.

Yeah, I think it was always clear that what Conor said was spot on the money, it wasn't an excuse he just recognized what he did wrong.

A lot of people claimed it was an excuse but he legit just wasn't prepared to face nate. The flaws he made in the 1st fight evaporated for the most part. He retained his composure, paced himself, avoided spamming power punches & flashy kicks, and won an epic battle.

He still gassed after 8 minutes of pure striking exchanges where he was basically lighting Diaz up with everything that he threw and subsequently got manhandled in the clinch by zombie Diaz.

Even when he's being as efficient as possible, he slows down when he can't put away his opponent early.

If anybody thinks that bodes well for him in a division full of guys who, unlike Diaz, will be able to take him down when he's fresh, then you're in for a rude awakening.

Diaz is a good fighter, but real elite LWs have never needed to go life and death to beat him.

Back