I change my mind on Condit Vs Maia

Sonny Qc

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
When they initially booked the fight,I thought Maia would win pretty easily.
But I rewatched Lawler Vs Condit yesterday (Condit still won that fight btw)
And I now think Condit will win.

#1 He's GREAT at keeping the distance with is long range.
#2 Way better striker than Maia (no sh*t sherlock)
#3 5 rd fight,Condit have the best cardio of the 2 by far.

yeah Maia probably got the best Bjj in mma but I know Gerg Jackson will prepare a smart gameplan for Condit to avoid grappling with Maia at all cost.
If that mean Condit running for 5 round, so be it.

Condit UD 5

Prove me wrong sherdog.

At first I gave it to Maia, when they made it 5 rounds I'll give it to Condit.

We'll know the winner in the first 1-2 minutes I think..

That fight sucks for me because I like both fighters. Style wise, it's a VERY interesting fight tho.

Anticipating this again

ws0ojc.gif

Hard to say now, won't be Seekng any backpacking though, carlos will not give up his back... He will fight from his back, hoping to make demian work more and making more tired so he can beat him in the late rounds...

Hard to say now, won't be Seekng any backpacking though, carlos will not give up his back... He will fight from his back, hoping to make demian work more and making more tired so he can beat him in the late rounds...
Trying to wear Maia out from the bottom seems like a recipe for disaster.

In the 3 round booking, I thought Maia could win it at least 2-1 if not 3 rounds of backpacking. 5 rounds I'm not convinced. I believe Condit can defend subs, and he will make Maia WORK on the ground, enough to sap that gas tank. By the 3rd round Maia is just exhausted, his takedowns get really sloppy and tired (and yet a lot of times he can still pull it off he is that good). With every round starting on the feet, I see Maia getting finished in the 4th or 5th round by strikes.

Condit didn't beat Lawler.

Makes you lose your credibility, especially saying it right before you give your prediction. Little League.

Condit kept the distance easily because Lawler wasn't trying to take him down.

Still, Maia v Condit is hard to predict.

I'm with you on this actually.
Condit has a deceptively good sprawl
I think that Condit has the tools here, but much like when he fought Nick he's going to have to fight out of type - which he is capable of doing.
I like Condit to keep his distance, stay near the fence for walk walking, and use jabs and body shots to frustrate and tire Maia. Plus he can afford to rush into Condit style combinations as long as he fights long and as Maia on the retreat. More than that though, the counter elbows should work wonders to deter Maia from coming forward.

The reason people are picking Maia is because this is one of those fights were Condit will have to either finish early or fight perfect to win - its not hard to imagine Maia turning into a backback for 3 out of 5 rounds or sniffing out a decision so it's the safer pick.

I however see Condit winning, he's proven he can combat almost any style and I think he takes this with a 4th round stoppage.

Even if Condit and Gregorious made a gameplan especially for Maia, to keep him in the outside and on the feet, Carlos is still going to get taken down. Maia is one of the best takedown artist in the UFC right now. The question is: Will Maia be able to keep up the pace or will he gas out in the later rounds? I'm going with Condit via 5th round finish.

PS: Robbie 2, 3 and 5. Throwing volume strikes that were blocked for the most part shouldn't win Condit the 3rd round. Robbie was more accurate and landed the more powerful shots in that round.

I don't think anyone, except Story, ever just gave Maia their back. More so like Maia said I will take your back and there's nothing you can do about it.

I want Maia to win but I hope Condit doesn't try to tip tap shit his way to a decision.

TS How could you think Condit would be an easy fight for Maia?
I really dont get it. You should know by now that Condit is not an easy fight for anyone. Pretty ridiculous thought TS.

I have Condit winner by UD

Condit didn't beat Lawler.

Makes you lose your credibility, especially saying it right before you give your prediction. Little League.

Condit won that fight.

+ I had $ on him that night, judges robbed me of a good night at the strip club...

TS How could you think Condit would be an easy fight for Maia?
I really dont get it. You should know by now that Condit is not an easy fight for anyone. Pretty ridiculous thought TS.

I have Condit winner by UD

when it was a 3rd fight, I really thought Maia would win pretty easily by "backpacking" Condit all night.

If Matt Brown can keep himself from being subbed for 3 rounds Condit can certainly do it as well.

Back