Josh thompson must feel like such a G now

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Only dude to put Nate away with strikes, that says a lot about him. Nate has lost a bunch of fights and got absolutely CLOBBERED in the rda, Rory and to an extent the stun gun fight where he was ragdolled like crazy and none of those guys could put him out. Josh Thompson has never been finished himself and hes been in there with some very respectable names. So yeah, Josh is a G.

Nate has lost a bunch of fights and got absolutely CLOBBERED in the rda, Rory and to an extent the stun gun fight where he was ragdolled like crazy
That was a competitive fight and has nothing in common with the other fights on that list

It's a shame things didn't line up for Josh, he was always a high level fighter but spent a bunch of time on the shelf.

If a few split decisions went his way, especially in the UFC, his career would look much different.

Still, he seems happy and well paid in Bellator.

Replace Stun Gun with Bendo. Bendo obliterated Nate with ease

It's a shame things didn't line up for Josh, he was always a high level fighter but spent a bunch of time on the shelf.

If a few split decisions went his way, especially in the UFC, his career would look much different.

Still, he seems happy and well paid in Bellator.

Tonne of talent but really unlucky in his career with decisions and injuries plus other thing outside his control in the UFC. Just a few years ago people were arguing Gil must be shit because JT pushed him so hard in strikeforce (and therefore the strikeforce lw division must he weak). A bunch of posters were trying to point out "actually Josh is really good."

Last edited:
Tonne of talent but really unlucky in his career with decisions and injuries plus other thing outside his control in the UFC. Just a few years ago oeople were arguing Gil must be shit because JT pushed him so hard in strikeforce (and therefore the strikeforce lw division must he weak). A bunch of posters were trying to point out "actually Josh is really good."
It really is a shame he is so injury prone. He lost quite a bit of time during his prime years trying to get healthy. His wars with Gil were the highlights of Strikeforce's LW division. Still think he deserved the nod over Bendo.

It really is a shame he is so injury prone. He lost quite a bit of time during his prime years trying to get healthy. His wars with Gil were the highlights of Strikeforce's LW division. Still think he deserved the nod over Bendo.

That decision was crushing, remember he was waiting on the title shot after Pettis had pulled out due to injury and didn't need to take that fight. I think he'd had a good shot at Pettis as well. Josh is a good grinder if he needs to be and could have possibly initiated what Eddy did to Pettis.

Like always, I really should rewatch the fight I'm about to comment on but, anyways.

Nate pretty much finished himself in that fight, dumb statement I know. But he was so frustrated that he started basically running after Josh carelessly and ran right into a headkick eventually. I remember feeling wow that really didn't need to happen. He got way too emotional and frustrated by the way Josh fought, kind of a rookie mistake.

But yeah, all props to Josh Thompson still, he's a straight up beast!

yep, always a good fight when he's in there...... unlucky career for sure.

Josh Thomson is one of the most underrated fighters- and certainly one of the most underrated LWs- ever.

When Josh "Punk" Thomson is firing on all cylinders he's the best LW in the world, in my opinion. The challenge for him is the mental game

Josh is a great fighter who's record doesnt tell whole story ironically like Diaz bros. Lost a few close decisions. could have been a UFC champ was strikeforce champ. Top 10 LW for sure. No p BTW in Thomson.

It's sad McGregor can jump the line while some of the best LW can never have title.shots

Yves Edwards KOed him badly. Anyway one of best lighweights for sure. Also Nate was much younger there and Josh was at the peak of his career in my opinion.

Josh was legit, Nate is overrated though.

Josh is an extremely tough fighter with a really well-rounded game. Lost some decisions that were just great fights, and a few heartbreakers that should have gone his way. Injuries and inactivity is really what seemed to keep him out of the spotlight over his UFC career. Probably in the twilight of his career, but he can still be competitive if healthy. Always a fan, and it's really easy to get excited for a fight Josh is in. He's way less appreciated than he should be.

Back