Evolution of punk better than tuf an looking for a fight

Oberyn

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
For all the hate he is getting I enjoyed the show. We get to see a roufus sport mma coaching take a beginner and try to mould a fighter. It's leagues better than tuf or dana White's looking for a fight. Seeing someone go through there first sparring sessions is relatable for most... am I the only one who had to admit they kinda liked the episode? ??

I enjoyed the show too, the signs don't look good for punk, but I'd love too see him get a dominant win. He seems like a nice guy and props to him for testing himself, especially when I imagine he'd have been being paid millions by WWE.

Both episodes have been great. Punk seems like a really good guy !

Yeah I enjoyed it.

Thanks for the recommendation. I haven't felt compelled to watch it because I still have the weird feeling Punk isn't going to fight, and if he does it will be an anti-climactic first round finish. I haven't supported the Punk signing from the beginning either, but I've got some time to kill so I'll check it out now.

Last edited:
Imo Punk seems to be a legit good guy , but ill be honest , i only watched the 2nd episode and i thought it was very lame.

I have to disagree with you. I couldn't even get through the first episode. All he was doing was defending himself the whole time. It was quite annoying. My fiance doesn't watch anything MMA related but she really likes Looking For a Fighter. Matt Serra is hilarious. But I agree with TUF just because its pretty stale now.

Watching the intro and seeing him hit bags and spar is cringy as fuck. Not sure I can sit through this. :/

Edit: Roufus sport might be the worse place for a rookie to learn how to fight. They have a reputation of being perfectionist. They'll have him throw jabs for an hour.

Edit: sorry about the play by play. Punks wife is hawt.

Edit:Ok half way through this is starting to feel like some Kardashian reality show. Don't care about his personal life much.

Edit: Ok the comic signing was touching. I'll give them that.

Conclusion. This show might be a little better than TUF, but it doesn't come close to Embedded. I might watch the 2nd ep.

Last edited:
Watching the intro and seeing him hit bags and spar is cringy as fuck. Not sure I can sit through this. :/

It's a guy learning how to fuck. Whats so cringy about it?

Punk looks terrible, I don't think he will last a round against any real fighter at this point....

It's a guy learning how to fuck. Whats so cringy about it?
Do you fight? Have you ever hit pads or sparred? If you can't see the cringe there's no point in explaining it. I'm not trying to hate on Punk, I'm just making a clear observation.

Everyone can say whatever they want.
Respect to the guy. Even if he loses greatly, he's got the cohones to step in that octagon and fight.

I don't see it end well tbh.

maybe but he looks real sloppy, crack ho vagina sloppy, his chick gives me half a stiffy tho

Do you fight? Have you ever hit pads or sparred? If you can't see the cringe there's no point in explaining it. I'm not trying to hate on Punk, I'm just making a clear observation.

He's a beaten down ex pro wrestler with very little natural athleticism learning how to fight for the first time...of course he's not going to look good. That's the whole fucking point of the show.

Maybe skinny fat is the next trend??
Chubby look (Fedor) was destructive back in the days.
Who knows how big vawes CM will throw at us?

He's a beaten down ex pro wrestler with very little natural athleticism learning how to fight for the first time...of course he's not going to look good. That's the whole fucking point of the show.
That doesn't make it any less cringy. In fact it's even MORE cringy considering he's going to make his pro debut in the biggest MMA org on the planet. I watch noobs spar in my gym I'm not thinking about putting them in ANY fights. And if they improve enough, you consider an amateur show, not a UFC pro debut. The whole thing is a clusterfuck.

The show is about his journey, it doesnt claim he is a good figher. If you come here to comment that he cant even hit the pads, then you are a goof.

Back