Conor should fight Aldo

209NickDiaz

Gold Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Just not right now! Come on it's only been like what? 8 months? Go defend the interim belt one more time Aldo! It's fine for Aldo to sit out the longest 16 months and 13 months while he was the champ! And now it wasn't even a year and he wants Conors title to be stripped?
I think Conor should just fight Eddie for the LW belt and Aldo fight Max Holloway, then make the rematch between Aldo and Conor... Otherwise it doesn't really interest the fans at this point

It was considered 'fine' because he was injured ya goof.

aldo was injured. Conor is fighting. Big difference.

Defending interim belts has to be one of the most pointless exercises in MMA. If the current champion in injured on short notice for the real title fight, by all means have a guy step in and fight the interim title holder, but they can't let Conor hold the division up whilst Aldo cleans out the other contenders (Holloway, Edgar etc.,) in interim title fights.

Just not right now! Come on it's only been like what? 8 months? Go defend the interim belt one more time Aldo! It's fine for Aldo to sit out the longest 16 months and 13 months while he was the champ! And now it wasn't even a year and he wants Conors title to be stripped?
I think Conor should just fight Eddie for the LW belt and Aldo fight Max Holloway, then make the rematch between Aldo and Conor... Otherwise it doesn't really interest the fans at this point
That s great Idea but I think Max will take Aldo. Then we will have Max Conor rematch which seems even better to me. Max doesn't know how to fight boring like Aldo the guy is a warrior.

I do want to see them fight again

I wanna see them fight but do you really wanna wait through Aldo's sprained ankle, cracked toe nail, busted heiman or what ever lame ass delay for the first date then reschedule and and hopefully he shows up for that 1?

The problem is, will Aldo show up? If I was him I'd much rather fight at 155 and take my chances that Alvarez shows up. Its a much more interesting fight as well for both him and the fans.

However if he does that he should be stripped without question.

I agree. Aldo has pulled out of half a dozen title fights, he ran from Conor twice. Add all the months that Aldo has delayed the FW belt, and have him wait that long as punishment. Fair treatment.

U mean wouldn't? But he can just say he's injured at featherweight! But healthy at LW! It will work

Hmm how can we sell this. Got it, Conor only takes "short notice" fights with him explaining he doesn't have time to make 145. Meanwhile the UFC told Conor his opponent months in advance while not telling his opponent. Conor gets huge respect for; taking on anyone, anywhere, anytime, fighting outside his weight class, avoids the weight cut to 145 AND gets the huge advantage of planning for an opponent for months both physically and strategically who only gets him on a short camp.

I wanna see them fight but do you really wanna wait through Aldo's sprained ankle, cracked toe nail, busted heiman or what ever lame ass delay for the first date then reschedule and and hopefully he shows up for that 1?
He's ready for 205. Shut the fuck up.

Canor vs Bisping for the open goofweight strap

I will. But Conor is running so no need to worry
Running? U don't need to run from somebody u knocked the fuck out in 13 seconds! So many dumb Conor haters are saying this! But it's so stupid! If u say this before they fought it might be okay! Not after Jose got KTFO! With your stupid logic any fighter that knocks out his opponent and doesn't do rematches are running? GTFO!

It was considered 'fine' because he was injured ya goof.

These f*king humps got no kind of sense think you just win a belt and go on vacation from the division not injured, not sick, healthy, fighting, & thriving, while he leaves his division starving.

Back