How would Aldo do at LW?

Iroh

The Dragon of the West
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Who would he win against? Who'd he lose against? What fight would basically be a toss up?

Aldo is not a small FW and talks about him moving up have taken place on here before. Seeing how people still think Aldo is better than Conor, I wonder what people think his chamces at LW are.

Last edited:
Would get wrecked by Conor again.

Would lose but do fine against Barboza, Cerrone, Khabib, Johnson and Ferguson.

RDA is a cool fight, not sure who wins.

I think he'd do very well to great at LW provided his defensive wrestling held up. I'd have concerns over reach as well.

Throughout most of his reign as UFC champion he could have taken the lightweight belt IMO.

He'd eat Alvarez alive.

I hope he moves up soon. I think he'd do great. So many many awesome fights for him at LW.

Think he would do great. I think he would beat anyone outside of the top 5 and I would still like his chances vs top 5 anyway.

Let him fight Nate.

I just don't think Aldo is big enough when you look at the names listed above. 145lbs is the ideal weight for him.

If you count his WEC days, the list of LW Champs while Aldo held the FW are as follows; Bj Penn, Frankie Edgar, Benson Henderson, Anthony Pettis, RDA, Eddie Alvarez.

He would be the UFC's first FW champ to move up and fight at LW.

They will all slap him around just like Conor did.

He would be the UFC's first FW champ to move up and fight at LW.

Depends on Conor's next move, when he makes it and when Aldo would fight at LW.

Think he would do great. I think he would beat anyone outside of the top 5 and I would still like his chances vs top 5 anyway.

Let him fight Nate.

You want one of Nate's legs amputated, bro?

:>

If you count his WEC days, the list of LW Champs while Aldo held the FW are as follows; Bj Penn, Frankie Edgar, Benson Henderson, Anthony Pettis, RDA, Eddie Alvarez.
Murderer's row, but we know he would have beat Frankie.

Aldo would be a top contender at LW and think he'd have a chance against any in the division. He dominated former lightweight champion Frankie Edgar. The only guy to have done so in my opinion.

Back