Faber vs Conor.

Happiness

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Who you got and why? Personally I think this is a much closer fight than many might say.

I think Faber gets destroyed. Conor is very good at fighting midgets.

Conor would finish what God started in splitting Faber's chin.

I think Faber gets destroyed. Conor is very good at fighting midgets.

Sure, it might go that way. However if Faber could force a few scrambles and take the fight long he has a path to victory. Faber is an excellent wrestler and very very good on the ground and in scrambles.

Connor would probably KO him this time around.

If it was the Faber of a few years ago I would've given a slight edge to Faber... But right now McGregor would stop him early.

He looked terrible against Saenz and Edgar, though I would say Edgar would beat even a prime Faber, and would've been stopped by Cruz if Cruz had just a little more pop in his hands. If McGregor touched him like that Faber would be done.

He is also very good at beating a huge LW.
Don't get rustled, I am no Conor hater.
Sure, it might go that way. However if Faber could force a few scrambles and take the fight long he has a path to victory. Faber is an excellent wrestler and very very good on the ground and in scrambles.
True, but that is one huge if.

If it was the Faber of a few years ago I would've given a slight edge to Faber... But right now McGregor would stop him early.

He looked terrible against Saenz and Edgar, though I would say Edgar would beat even a prime Faber, and would've been stopped by Cruz if Cruz had just a little more pop in his hands. If McGregor touched him like that Faber would be done.

Fabers age is a concern. I think it's a fun hypothetical match up, kinda old school grappler v striker.

I think it would look like McGregor-Chad Mendes, with Faber taking the role of Mendes obviously.

Conor would beat the fuck out of anyone 145 and below and can knockout anyone at 155 on any given night. Conor via No One can take that left hand shot.

Conor would beat the fuck out of anyone 145 and below and can knockout anyone at 155 on any given night. Conor via No One can take that left hand shot.

Great analysis. Thanks for your insight.

I give it to Faber. He has good striking and great takedowns. Better than Chad. With a full camp he has the tank to go the distance. I feel it would be a boring fight but Faber would win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back