Jimi Manuwa, interesting career.

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Started training in 2007, 27 years old, pro debut at 28 and went 11-0 with all finishes before the UFC, beat up kingsbury to a doctors stoppage and then got 2 TKO wins due to leg injures (wizard?), loses to Gustaffson, no shame in that, beats Blachowicz (I didnt see that fight) and then gets KO'd by rumble (again no shame in that).

So whats the deal with him? Its hard to guage where hes at, his only 2 losses are to the top 3, obviously a striker with power but with a record of 15-2 I still feel like we havent seen enough of him due to quick loses to the elites and weird circumstances in his wins (2 tko leg injures back to back, seriously?)

Gus cracked his chin and he was never the same again.

Don't bother watching the Blackowitz fight, it sucked. Very boring. Smart gameplan by Manuwa, but not spectator friendly.

His level is somewhere there top10ish, but he is getting old and imo its unlikely he will ever become top5 or a real contender. Then again, he might only need a couple of wins in a row and some fortunate circumstances, division is that shallow.

top 10 guy, from the end part. Can beat guys outside of the top 10 easy,struggles with top 5 .

I remember there being talks of some voodoo juju going on after those freak tko wins.

Would love to see Gus rematch if he beats OSP. He's a heavy hitter but OSP just sent 5 rounds with Jones and didn't get dominated. I think he drags Jimi into the deep waters and TKOs him.

Would love to see Gus rematch if he beats OSP. He's a heavy hitter but OSP just sent 5 rounds with Jones and didn't get dominated. I think he drags Jimi into the deep waters and TKOs him.

A Gus rematch would be good. But since they're last fight they've become good friends/training partners so I'm not sure that it would happen.

Yeah hard to gauge where he is at. They could have developed him a bit more before throwing him to gus who was just of the jones fight I think? The ufc didn't give him the push he needed or deserved. Maybe Bellator for a few easier fights could be the way before coming back? Not sure and I don't want him to go either. Keep giving him low top 10 through to 15 for abit.

I think I actually bet on him against Gus because I was convinced he had some kind of voodoo powers.

I think I actually bet on him against Gus because I was convinced he had some kind of voodoo powers.

His voodoo almost sent Gus to the ER.

qCrF5uF.gif

Almost.

He has abandoned his voodoo style in favor of kickboxing, shame on him.

Back