Thoughts on the 145Ib title picture, by Natesblackshirt

Natesblackshirt

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why does Aldo even have a belt right now? When there's an interim title the interim champ eventually fights the returning champ for the title of undisputed champ. Does anyone really believe Conor is not the undisputed champion when he flatlined the guy in 13 seconds only 7 months prior?
The only reason Aldo has a belt is because the UFC knew Frankie Edgar had earned his shot and they wanted an extra title fight to put on 200. Conor has already beat the #1 and #2 contenders. Aldo got his title shot by getting KO'ed and won the title by beating someone he already beat. Let him fight Hollaway and Conor can fight Alvarez.

Cliffs: Fuck Aldo, getting KO'ed shouldn't have earned him a title shot to begin with. I see no immediate necessity to have the title defended. Aldo should fight Hollaway while Mcgregor fights Alvarez.

Alittle something for your time:
image.jpeg

Nobody is saying that Aldo deserves an immediate rematch at this point, because an immediate rematch is out of the question since he fought Edgar. He went undefeated for 10 years, lost badly, and then came back and beat an incredible fighter in Frankie Edgar. I agree that the interim belt is stupid, but if Conor wants to remain the 145 lb. champ, it kind of makes sense that he actually fights another fight at 145 lbs. If he wants to go for 155, which I think he should because that is the weight class he really belongs in, then he should give up the 145 lb. strap. I mean, whether you love or hate the guy, he can't just keep the belt without ever defending it because you assume he would win, that doesn't make sense.

Don't worry buddy. Conor is going to drop the the belt and fight Alvarez and lose and be beltless.

Nobody is saying that Aldo deserves an immediate rematch at this point, because an immediate rematch is out of the question since he fought Edgar. He went undefeated for 10 years, lost badly, and then came back and beat an incredible fighter in Frankie Edgar. I agree that the interim belt is stupid, but if Conor wants to remain the 145 lb. champ, it kind of makes sense that he actually fights another fight at 145 lbs. If he wants to go for 155, which I think he should because that is the weight class he really belongs in, then he should give up the 145 lb. strap. I mean, whether you love or hate the guy, he can't just keep the belt without ever defending it because you assume he would win, that doesn't make sense.
Are we really assuming though, it hasn't even been 10 months since he knocked Aldo out and Aldo showed no improvements or changes to his game against Edgar. If it was Edgar it would be a much different story.

So you´re saying a guy who´s reigned for a decade at FW didn´t deserve his immediate rematch because he took a punch, but Conor after getting his ass choked out by a 10-day-notice-tequila-vacation-Cabo-Diaz deserved one immediate BS rematch? Worth absolutely nothing???

I see...

... and then after getting a controversial-weak-running-away-from-Diaz-controversial-majority-controversial-decision in this BS rematch that should´ve never happened, you want the guy to fight for the LW belt??????????????

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrright.

Are we really assuming though, it hasn't even been 10 months since he knocked Aldo out and Aldo showed no improvements or changes to his game against Edgar. If it was Edgar it would be a much different story.
I agree the Edgar fight is more intriguing, but he lost, and Aldo won. If you want to be the champion of a division, you have to fight the next in line, Aldo is the next line. Either fight that fight or relinquish the belt. You can't just fight other fights over and over again while saying "I would win anyways, so it's not worth me fighting." There have been fighters that have come back from losses, and avenged those losses. Conor saying someone doesn't deserve a rematch is a little on the hypocritical side, giving the exact circumstances of his last 2 fights.

dont know you, wont remember you

I agree the Edgar fight is more intriguing, but he lost, and Aldo won. If you want to be the champion of a division, you have to fight the next in line, Aldo is the next line. Either fight that fight or relinquish the belt. You can't just fight other fights over and over again while saying "I would win anyways, so it's not worth me fighting." There have been fighters that have come back from losses, and avenged those losses. Conor saying someone doesn't deserve a rematch is a little on the hypocritical side, giving the exact circumstances of his last 2 fights.
If Conor fights at MSG or shortly after and Aldo defends against Hollaway Conor would be ready to fight him by January making it barely over a year since he decapitated him. It would give Max his shot and make the winner vs Mcgregor infinitely more marketable. Does anyone really want to see him fight Aldo again this soon given the alternatives? Maybe if he was in a rush to get another shot he shouldn't have coasted to a decision against a guy he already beat.

So there is never a different result in a rematch ? Is that the argument you are sitting on TS ? All I say to that is Cain - JDS. Now secondly whether you like it or not Aldo beat the top contender to get the interim belt ( I dont like interim belts either but thats a seperate discussion ) and earned his rematch. If Conor doesnt want the fight fine, drop the beslt and go to lightweight otherwise suck it up and beat Aldo again if its so easy.

Could have picked a better Rin pic too.

So there is never a different result in a rematch ? Is that the argument you are sitting on TS ? All I say to that is Cain - JDS. Now secondly whether you like it or not Aldo beat the top contender to get the interim belt ( I dont like interim belts either but thats a seperate discussion ) and earned his rematch. If Conor doesnt want the fight fine, drop the beslt and go to lightweight otherwise suck it up and beat Aldo again if its so easy.

Could have picked a better Rin pic too.
They-just-fought. And I wasn't trying to scroll through too many pics of Rin.. it turns me on too much and I'm out of bounty.

To early for a aldo rematch despite conor having a first and second fight in between....... hmm fucking kids these days.

If Conor fights at MSG or shortly after and Aldo defends against Hollaway Conor would be ready to fight him by January making it barely over a year since he decapitated him. It would give Max his shot and make the winner vs Mcgregor infinitely more marketable. Does anyone really want to see him fight Aldo again this soon given the alternatives? Maybe if he was in a rush to get another shot he shouldn't have coasted to a decision against a guy he already beat.
I want to see him fight Aldo again, if for nothing else Conor's own prediction. I'm paraphrasing here, but, "he is going to fight emotional, and over extend himself." Conor was right, he did just that, and Conor made him pay because of it. Aldo, the guy that didn't lose in 10 years and just beat Frankie, would change that one thing for sure. I'm not saying that I'd bet on Aldo, but I'm saying it would almost certainly be a different fight, and Aldo has the right for his rematch, just as Conor got his rematch after tapping to Nate. I mean, we are talking about the 145 pound champ defending his belt against the #1 contender at 145, and you're making it sound like that is just an absurd thing to ask for.

Hint: the real belt is the one to be defended, not the paper one.

I want to see him fight Aldo again, if for nothing else Conor's own prediction. I'm paraphrasing here, but, "he is going to fight emotional, and over extend himself." Conor was right, he did just that, and Conor made him pay because of it. Aldo, the guy that didn't lose in 10 years and just beat Frankie, would change that one thing for sure. I'm not saying that I'd bet on Aldo, but I'm saying it would almost certainly be a different fight, and Aldo has the right for his rematch, just as Conor got his rematch after tapping to Nate. I mean, we are talking about the 145 pound champ defending his belt against the #1 contender at 145, and you're making it sound like that is just an absurd thing to ask for.
What makes getting KO'ed and beating Edgar better than Hollaways entire win streak. Which goes back to my original point, Aldo shouldn't even have a belt. The Aldo/Edgar fight in theory should have only been a title fight for Edgar. ('But he was champ for a long time! Ya well that doesn't mean you get a title shot coming off a 13 second KO loss'.)

@Natesblackshirt what are your thoughts on Nate Diaz sporting a white tanktop?

082016-nate-diaz-kal-2.jpg

http://www.tmz.com/2016/08/20/nate-diaz-conor-mcgregor-joe-rogan-ufc-200/

What makes getting KO'ed and beating Edgar better than Hollaways entire win streak. Which goes back to my original point, Aldo shouldn't even have a belt. The Aldo/Edgar fight in theory should have only been a title fight for Edgar. ('But he was champ for a long time! Ya well that doesn't mean you get a title shot coming off a 13 second KO loss'.)
Yea Aldo shouldn't have a belt. And he didn't deserve an immediate rematch after getting beaten in 13 seconds. So instead of an immediate rematch, he fought the #1 contender in the division and won. Now he is the number one contender in the division, and Conor is the title holder who has never defended. If Conor would rather fight Alvarez, then fine, that makes perfect sense for him, but he should relinquish the belt. 3 fights in a row without defending your belt? I know the guy sells tickets, and he deserves the money because of that, but you can't just put a belt in a drawer and say that nobody deserves to fight for it while you run around at different weight classes. If he doesn't want to fight at 145, give up the 145 strap. And if he wants to keep the 145 strap, fight Aldo for it.

Why does Aldo even have a belt right now? When there's an interim title the interim champ eventually fights the returning champ for the title of undisputed champ. Does anyone really believe Conor is not the undisputed champion when he flatlined the guy in 13 seconds only 7 months prior?
The only reason Aldo has a belt is because the UFC knew Frankie Edgar had earned his shot and they wanted an extra title fight to put on 200. Conor has already beat the #1 and #2 contenders. Aldo got his title shot by getting KO'ed and won the title by beating someone he already beat. Let him fight Hollaway and Conor can fight Alvarez.

Cliffs: Fuck Aldo, getting KO'ed shouldn't have earned him a title shot to begin with. I see no immediate necessity to have the title defended. Aldo should fight Hollaway while Mcgregor fights Alvarez.

Alittle something for your time:
View attachment 135683

Can you remove the image of the bodybuilder? He's making me really uncomfortable.

Yea Aldo shouldn't have a belt. And he didn't deserve an immediate rematch after getting beaten in 13 seconds. So instead of an immediate rematch, he fought the #1 contender in the division and won. Now he is the number one contender in the division, and Conor is the title holder who has never defended. If Conor would rather fight Alvarez, then fine, that makes perfect sense for him, but he should relinquish the belt. 3 fights in a row without defending your belt? I know the guy sells tickets, and he deserves the money because of that, but you can't just put a belt in a drawer and say that nobody deserves to fight for it while you run around at different weight classes. If he doesn't want to fight at 145, give up the 145 strap. And if he wants to keep the 145 strap, fight Aldo for it.
I appreciate your thoughtful responses. It's just my opinion given the circumstances that it makes way more sense to do Hollaway/Max and Conor/Alvarez. As I said before if it was Edgar it would be a very different scenario. Aldo showed no signs of improvement or real hunger when he fought Edgar and I just don't see how anyone could be overly hyped about seeing that fight again so soon. If he beat Edgar and Hollaway it would make the fight much more intriguing.

Back