man it's really hard to rewatch fights from just a few years ago now, let alone 2000s

skullmaskkid

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The level of striking in MMA has just sky rocketed in the past couple of years. Rewatching some of the older GSP fights is flat out embarassing how inept the WW division was at striking back in the day

The level of striking in MMA has just sky rocketed in the past couple of years. Rewatching some of the older GSP fights is flat out embarassing how inept the WW division was at striking back in the day
I think it had more to do with how more ahead of the pack gsp was. I remember watching thiago alves destroying people in the stand up an being impress. then he fought gsp and he didn't look really good.

that's what make guys like Anderson or Hendo impressive,the guy began their career in the 90's and are still competitive

That's cause gsp sucks.

Watch the 2006 lw grand prix.
Edwards vs Hansen. Crisp, diverse
striking techniques.

Yeah but the violence was so beautiful when there were no rules.

That's cause gsp sucks.

Watch the 2006 lw grand prix.
Edwards vs Hansen. Crisp, diverse
striking techniques.
Don't watch just one fight you dick, watch the whole dvd,it is a fantastic show, better than any UFC show in my opinion. Bushido 9 the tourny.Fuck there is even a few Bushidos that were better than all ufcs. Also, 2 or 3 Grand Prix K1 were super super shows too. Old ufc is shit. Since they bought Pride,they improved, but Pride and K1 was beautiful

The WW division has always had a ton of American wrestlers, very few fighters that specialize in a striking base.

170 has definitely improved in the striking department but there are other divisions such as HW that seems to have regressed in striking technique and ability over the years.

Don't watch just one fight you dick, watch the whole dvd,it is a fantastic show, better than any UFC show in my opinion. Bushido 9 the tourny.Fuck there is even a few Bushidos that were better than all ufcs. Also, 2 or 3 Grand Prix K1 were super super shows too. Old ufc is shit. Since they bought Pride,they improved, but Pride and K1 was beautiful
It's my favorite fight from the tourney.

Eat my shorts.

Old fights have moments of excellence. But overall the game has evolved dramatically.

I know right? It makes me cringe when Rogan says Conor or one of the Diaz brothers have boxing skills akin to an actual boxer.

The clash of styles was more pronounced back in the day which I found more intriguing.

The clash of styles was more pronounced back in the day which I found more intriguing.

This. I miss it a lot. It's the reason I got into MMA in the first place. Nowadays everyone just "does MMA" and it's boring.

That's cause gsp sucks.

patrick-bateman-business-card.gif

Back