Weight cutting and body fat question

Teh_Lulz7

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Quick question to those who may be able to answer:

I've always been curious about fighters who obviously are high level professionals, must take nutrition and physical training seriously, AND have to cut weight, can still carry so much body fat around fight time?

Bec Rawlings is really who sparked the question for me this time. She has no definition in any of her muscle groups, carries fat around her midsection, but cuts weight and makes 115? How does she not appear to be in better shape?

I understand somewhat the role of genetics ala Cain, DC, etc. But what else could possibly explain this?

And I guess a follow-up, who else has a body type like the others I listed?

Quick question to those who may be able to answer:

I've always been curious about fighters who obviously are high level professionals, must take nutrition and physical training seriously, AND have to cut weight, can still carry so much body fat around fight time?

Bec Rawlings is really who sparked the question for me this time. She has no definition in any of her muscle groups, carries fat around her midsection, but cuts weight and makes 115? How does she not appear to be in better shape?

I understand somewhat the role of genetics ala Cain, DC, etc. But what else could possibly explain this?
She's a chick.

When weight cutting you are dehydrating yourself as opposed to actually burning fat. As a matter of fact since there in more water in a pound of muscle than a pound of fat a more muscular person actually has more water weight to cut for weigh in. You can be a 300lbs fat ass but if you don't take in any fluids and you set in a sauna in a plastic suit you can "cut" several pounds. However when you start taking in fluids again you will gain it back more quickly than you lost it.

I understand that. Are you really trying to say women can't have muscle definition?
I am saying with WMMA the way it is now, to get a job in the UFC as a fighter pretty much the only requirement is that you have a vag. And even that isn't always a requirement. hinthinthint

When weight cutting you are dehydrating yourself as opposed to actually burning fat. As a matter of fact since there in more water in a pound of muscle than a pound of fat a more muscular person actually has more water weight to cut for weigh in. You can be a 300lbs fat ass but if you don't take in any fluids and you set in a sauna in a plastic suit you can "cut" several pounds. However when you start taking in fluids again you will gain it back more quickly than you lost it.
Okay, so then the only reason professional fighters have any body fat is because of genetics? I'm genuinely curious not being a smart ass

Not really. Genetics play a part but it's still about calories in vs calories out. If you eat more than calories than you burn you will store the excess calories as body fat. If a fighter is fat their diet simply isn't as on point. A popular saying has been "abs are made in the kitchen". All the set ups and crunches in the world won't make your abs visible if you take in too many calories and have a layer of fat covering them.

Diet, genetics and calories burned.

TS sounds fat.

j/k
giphy.gif

Bec-Rawlings.jpg

There is some muscle there. She's just not cut like some women. She probably doesn't take PEDs.

Back