Condit defends Conor McGregor's 'running', "Sometimes you gotta make space. Diaz bros are zombies."

Jin Akutsu

Gengar Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
The rest of the scrum is below in the video.

Enjoy.

Inb4 butthurt Nick Diaz fans 1, 2, 5 or Nate 2, 3, 5

There is some sort of irony that two of the more aggressive strikers in MMA with great finishing records have to defend themselves against the charge of being cowardly, both due to Diaz fights.

There is some sort of irony that two of the more aggressive strikers in MMA with great finishing records have to defend themselves against the charge of being cowardly, both due to Diaz fights.
Irony indeed.

Strange isn't it? If anything it is a testament to the Diaz brothers' toughness and style. Instead of looking at it from that perspective, fans just shit on the other fighter for trying to get into the outside range to work their own striking game.

The gameplan to beat them has been established for years and judging from Lobov/Avilla and Barboza/Melendez no one from that camp can check kicks.

It's also worth noting Nick and Nate both had to take Condit and Conor down.

I'm a huge Condit fan but I agree. It's a testament to how truly scary and badass the Diaz bros are. Condit is a straight savage but even he fought conservatively against Nick. Same for Conor against Nate

The gameplan to beat them has been established for years and judging from Lobov/Avilla and Barboza/Melendez no one from that camp can check kicks.

Nate and Nick stand way too heavy on their legs, they check 1 of like every 5 leg kicks

Runner defending runner.

Not surprising that they both got gift decisions

People are going to talk shit about Conor and Condit for gameplanning and not letting the Diaz bros getting them up against the cage and teeing off. This is MMA, if you cant adapt to someone elses gameplan thats on you

Also the Diaz's typically dont want to stand and have slammed ppl for wrestling (like Diaz saying "none of that gay wrestling shit" against Cowboy) But Nick and Nate tried to take Conor and Condit down

Learn how to check kicks and cut off the cage.

Not rocket science...well for some gyms anyway.

Conor fought smart. Nate should have placed his flurries just a little bit better. Conor did a good job of intelligently getting away. Now, he had his hands beneath his hips when he jogged away from Nate. Why didn't Nate just unleash the fury when he was undefended?

Runner defending runner.

Not surprising that they both got gift decisions
5WmyaeDDlmb1m.gif

If diaz ran like conor did when
he got pressured, instead of
relying on technique & toughness,
he wouldn't have gotten dropped.

Thank god for diaz & non point fighters

The Diaz brothers are really tough fighters with endless cardio.

It should not come as a surprise (nor should it be controversial) when a fighter decides to create space, as Condit said.

I'm a huge Condit fan but I agree. It's a testament to how truly scary and badass the Diaz bros are. Condit is a straight savage but even he fought conservatively against Nick. Same for Conor against Nate

I think in part it is because, yes, they are very tough guys to hang with in the pocket. There is also a lesser element that such a tactic is useful because neither brother is very good at cutting off the cage.

I agree, but Barboza kicks are so fast it would be incredibly hard to check them especially after hes already landed a few.

Back