Was Nate's win more impressive, or was Mcgregors?

See O

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Which one do you all think was more impressive, and why?

Nate Diaz, takes the fight on last minute notice. He had absolutely no training camp, yet beats Conor stockton style and forces him to desperately go for a takedown in which he failed miserably only to get mounted and choked out easily.

Conor Mcgregor, drops a quater million on training and sqeaks out a questionable majority decision. He has success early on only to gas again and eat punch after punch, being forced to use a forest Gump type approach and "run" out the clock to basically win based on the 3 knockdowns he scored early on.

So, what win do you all think was more impressive?

A finish is a trump card when it comes to impressive. That said, they were both pretty damn impressive. I think both fighters come out of the two fights richer and with reputations enhanced.

Is this for real? Both of Nate's win was impressive. First one by submission, 2nd one by out boxing Conor who refused to go to the mat. And when they stood, Conor spent 90% of the time running!

How crazy is that?

Is this for real? Both of Nate's win was impressive. First one by submission, 2nd one by out boxing Conor who refused to go to the mat. And when they stood, Conor spent 90% of the time running!

How crazy is that?

I'd say it's batshit crazy.

giphy.gif

The one where one guy made the other guy quit.

Close decision vs a submission after nearly getting knocked out? This shouldn't even be a question.

nates noone thought hed win and he beat him on the feet and ground and got a finish out of it

second fight noone was shocked that conor won and a dec isnt really impressive there was a lot of speculation that the fight would be fixed when the rematch was announced

also conor still showed the same issues as in the first fight despite 6 months and 300k he gassed in the 2nd even though he took a slower approach compared to the first fight and his and his coach failed there predictions

Last edited:
I think the fact that Conor McGregor could beat Nate at WW is very impressive. Also the fact that Nate finished him is impressive. My vote is a tie.

The second fight was a better war but Nate finished him in the first and Conor barely squeaked the second one out Contrary to what his fans say. Another way to look at it was Nate was the same fighter the second time and Conor had clearly improved his cardio and patience etc after he basically layed down and said choke me the first fight so I was impressed with that. When you got 2 guys that won't quit until somebody dies like those 2 were Saturday and they beat and bang it out 5 rounds with neither guy showing any sign of saying uncle they to me are equal impressive. That is why I can't understand why people don't like the 5 round fights going the distance because that 4th and 5th is when you see who belongs and who don't, who will quit and who won't. Lawler vs Condit was most epic because when that bell rung they both collapsed against the fence side by side they absolutely had nothing left, that is the shit I like

Nate's by far. He took a ton of punishment, but never was almost finished, then landed strikes to wobble, then submitted Mr. Red Panties.

Lol don't see how this is even in question. A finish is much more impressive to me although I was impressed by Conors heart in the second fight

Last edited:

How crazy is that?
I thought Nate edged the decision but what a troll statement you just made.

Nate finished the most hyped fighter of all time on 8 days notice.

In my opinion, a first fight finish is always more impressive than a second fight decision, especially a majority decision.

Which one do you all think was more impressive, and why?

Nate Diaz, takes the fight on last minute notice. He had absolutely no training camp, yet beats Conor stockton style and forces him to desperately go for a takedown in which he failed miserably only to get mounted and choked out easily.

Conor Mcgregor, drops a quater million on training and sqeaks out a questionable majority decision. He has success early on only to gas again and eat punch after punch, being forced to use a forest Gump type approach and "run" out the clock to basically win based on the 3 knockdowns he scored early on.

So, what win do you all think was more impressive?
Nates win was more impressive because he basically came in off the street took everything Conor had and then slapped Conor around passed his guard without any real effort and choked him out.

I believe making another grown man submit to you is far better than simply point fighting, running, and barely winning. Majority decision is as close as it gets. Diaz wins.

Back