Conor does thing that people have wanted other fighters to do for years

UltraMagnusReturns

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
People complain about fighters pulling out of fights and then the other fighter not willing to risk fighting a short term replacement. The jon jones and cancelled event springs to mind. JJ got loads of shit for that.

Aldo pulled out of the first fight so then conor took on a risky fight in Mendes at short notice, also took on Diaz at short notice.

People also complain about fighters ducking other fighters who style wise are a nightmare matchup for them, yet even at short notice conor took on mendes, a guy a lot of people were begging to see fight conor so he could destroy him with his wrestling.

Then people have been calling on the likes of Jones and GSP to step up a weight for champion vs champion superfights for years and they never did.

Yet conor wants RDA at 155 as soon as he gets the 145 title. he wants a shot at a higher weightclass straight away and when RDA pulls out he jumps another weightclass to fight a fucking diaz brother. Not only that but after getting beat wants to get straight back in there to avenge his loss and even turms down the chance to do it at a lower weight so he can avenge it properly.

Yes conors gimmick is really annoying a lot of the time, and some of his fans can drive us all nuts, but credit where credits due, we all wish a lot of other fighters would be willing to do the things he has done.

Last edited:
You just have to realize that some sad people on here are gonna bitch regardless.

It's true, he's as legit a fighter as there's ever been.

Even if you are easily triggered by his larger than life personality you should be man/woman enough to commend him for what he's done in a few years, coming from a country that had no real mma scene to speak of.

It's a true rags to riches story and he's dragged mma kicking and screaming to a whole new level.

Game changers like Conor are always appreciated more when they are gone, I say savour it while it lasts.

He is a star. A champ. Is bigger than anyone before, predict his fights and make it look easy.

There will be haters no matter what. It's ok.

Also

* (will take fights on short notice)
* (will fight guys with a difficult style for him)
* Will move up in weight
* Will take immediate rematches when he loses
* No PEDs

Conor is not my favorite fighter. But he's a true champion by what he does (if not what he says).

And when the guy got beat, he went immediately for a rematch and did it at the same higher weight as the first fight. No BS or running away like Ronda.

Guy has earned his respect and acclaim.

I told you guys a few days ago : Conor is the bravest fighter in UFC history.

People complain because he's Irish. Most people will tolerate an Irishman, but not an uppity Irishman.

People complain about fighters pulling out of fights and then the other fighter not willing to risk fighting a short term replacement. The jon jones and cancelled event springs to mind. JJ got loads of shit for that.

Aldo pulled out of the first fight so then conor took on a risky fight in Mendes at short notice, also took on Diaz at short notice.

People also complain about fighters ducking other fighters who style wise are a nightmare matchup for them, yet even at short notice conor took on mendes, a guy a lot of people were begging to see fight conor so he could destroy him with his wrestling.

Then people have been calling on the likes of Jones and GSP to step up a weight for champion vs champion superfights for years and they never did.

Yet conor wants RDA at 155 as soon as he gets the 145 title. he wants a shot at a higher weightclass straight away and when RDA pulls out he jumps another weightclass to fight a fucking diaz brother. Not only that but after getting beat wants to get straight back in there to avenge his loss and even turms down the chance to do it at a lower weight so he can avenge it properly.

Yes conors gimmick is really annoying a lot of the time, and some of his fans can drive us all nuts, but credit where credits due, we all wish a lot of other fighters would be willing to do the things he has done.
I can't disagree with any of this. Well said. He reminds me a bit of the legendary Motivated Penn.

Conor fans cause a ton of the hate, when hes not acting like his persona he actually seems like a decent enough guy, its just we get that less and less.
Plus he needs to reduce the amount he talks, quality not quantity. but damn I'm not here to take part, I'm here to take over has got to be the best one liner I've heard.
But yea fighting wise he does some great things....although people are pretending Nate is top 5 lw are crazy

shawn-michaels-head-o.gif

Conor fans cause a ton of the hate, when hes not acting like his persona he actually seems like a decent enough guy, its just we get that less and less.
Plus he needs to reduce the amount he talks, quality not quantity. but damn I'm not here to take part, I'm here to take over has got to be the best one liner I've heard.
But yea fighting wise he does some great things....although people are pretending Nate is top 5 lw are crazy

Yeah, I think a lot of the hate is due to a certain part of his fanbase rather than conor himself. but putting some of that to one side and ignoring the hype, you have to respect that he is ready to go at anytime and will fight anyone.

More often than not, people still take the fight when a short notice opponent is named. Why? Don't want to lose the payday, especially after expensive fight camp. Conor is not exceptional for that.

It's true, he's as legit a fighter as there's ever been.

Even if you are easily triggered by his larger than life personality you should be man/woman enough to commend him for what he's done in a few years, coming from a country that had no real mma scene to speak of.

It's a true rags to riches story and he's dragged mma kicking and screaming to a whole new level.

Game changers like Conor are always appreciated more when they are gone, I say savour it while it lasts.
I agree.

Conor is a great fighter and he is in great fights. I don't like his media persona, but so what? Just don't watch that. His fights are awesome and he is trying to push the envelope and have big fights.

If you check out candid videos of him interacting with fans, and some videos he has made for specific fans he seems like a really cool guy actually. I like him a lot when he isn't bragging and talking about money, or putting down other fighters.

Conor fans cause a ton of the hate

1. I've never understood this line of thinking. You dislike a guy because of what other people did?
2. Conor fans were effectively silenced since March. In that time his haters showed that they were every bit as delusional.
3. My advice is to enjoy fighters, especially when they are fighitng, and take fans less seriously.

Back