Have people forgotten Conner got derailed two times already?

cakemuncher

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Why is he still relevant?

Imagine if Ronda returned and started pretending like nothing changed after Holly destroyed her...

Loss avenged.

First loss a fluke due to gassing out. That's the spin, anyways.

Didn't get destroyed and exposed like Ronda did.

Didn't run away with a pillow over his face like Ronda did.

I've never been Conor's biggest fan, but he has earned his respect.

Its a big thing in combat sports to avenge a loss, a lot of fighters never do it or it only happens a long time down the road.

Its a risky prospect because there is always the chance you will go 0-2 against that fighter, not easy to come back after that.

Conor jumped straight back in there and even demanded it at 170 again when he had the option of doing it at 155.

Sorry, but to me that shows he has a fighters mentality, if it was some other fighter people would be praising him non stop for it.

Every one complains about fighters pulling out of fights at short notice and not fighting a replacement, yet heres a gut that took on one of the divisions best wrestler at short notice when aldo pulled out, then starched Aldo in 13 seconds.

Then he jumped up a division to take on the champ RDA ( again people always complain about champs not moving up for superfights, yet conor does it straight away RDA pulls out and conor takes on a diaz brother at short notice at an even higher weight, gets beat and then jumps straight back in afterwards.

Last edited:

wee-bey-gif.gif

Who is Conner ??

I know Conor beat the shit out of Diaz and avenged his loss

If ronda did this to holly, People would loved her

you can forget about it now. mcgregor will always be the champion or the uncrowned champion. even with a losing record hes going to be a huge draw. ill root for him as long as hes not fighting nate diaz or gsp.

[<diva2]Congrats on your victory,guy,and ima let you finish,i just wanted you to know that when i look at you,i only see your losses from the past bro,its the only way i sleep at night.

Featherweight champ (even if he never goes back down there which I don't think he will)

beat the greatest featherweight of all time in seconds- only fighter to tko him

makes millions per fight

huge draw

avenged loss in a highly competitive, entertaining fight that did huge numbers

but yeah exposed and sucks...

Derailed? I have to admit that after the first loss I thought McGregor was making an easily avoidable mistake by setting up the immediate rematch with Diaz. I felt that he couldn't KO Diaz and was unlikely to win a decision when he seems to have cardio issues and Diaz' cardio is a weapon. I thought a second loss would truly derail the hype he's spent years building up.

But now in retrospect, his win has left him with more popularity than before and put him back in the driver's seat in terms of his career. Does McGregor want to defend his belt at 145? All he needs to do is say the word. Would he rather fight Alvarez for the LW title? I'm guessing if he pushed he might get that fight too.

You don't have to be the delusional type who thinks Conor could take Bisping or Woodley to think McGregor is one of the least derailed fighters in MMA.

Conor can lose his next 3 fights, people will still tune in to watch.

Most of his fans don't come to sherdog.

LOL@ why is the biggest star in the sport "still relevant". There's a lot of clueless mofos here.

He won the rematch, he vindicated himself, get over it. Stop being so salty, Mac haters.

Imagine if Ronda returned and started pretending like nothing changed after Holly destroyed her...

He never been stopped or put on hes ass. He two losses are early in hes career. Losing to Nate was legit he was experienced but then again he fought Nate with 10 days notice and still boxed him up for 8 minutes. Conor had a full camp and he outclassed Nate for 2 rounds and hung in there for 5.

Back