Could Condit put back on his running shoes and Shutdown Abu Schaubi Maia this weekend?

Willek

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
25 minutes seems like a long time to evade Maia on the ground. And chances are if Maia has you on your back you're either getting subbed or losing the round.

Condit better have worked on his TDD like a mad man for this. Maia's takedowns aren't that great but he will spam the shit out of them until he gets 1. Later rounds should be Condit's for sure though.

Condit has elite tdd I agree but he also has really good bjj. Not Maia level but good enough to avoid the sub and to stand up.
Maia does not have really good stand up let alone even average stand up so...
I give condit the advantage in this match up

Carlos only needs 2 maybe 3 rounds of Maia getting TDS stuffed or missed.

He gets much more exhausted when he loses confidence.

I really think people are underestimating condit and his ability on the ground.
Or should I say: the ability to get back off the ground...

I don't think he wins the ground game but I think he can get back up when he needs to and he can defend the take down when needed. No secret game plan on what he has been working on. Or will be working on.

I'm a big Condit fan and a big Maia fan and I always hated the Natural Born Runner bullshit, considering Condit is one of the most exciting, dangerous fighters out there.

That being said, I have to say Abu Schaubi Maia gave me a good laugh.

Attack the body,
run like shit
Avoid the backpack of death
Drag him into the Condit woodchipper in the late rounds

His cardio and striking will make maia crumble... condit by tko rd 3.

Condit has been training his TDD a lot, since coming off his injury. He hasn't had much of a chance to show his improvements, aside from when Alves clinched with him, and got instantly ragdolled to the mat.

I think Condit's going to drop the first 2 rounds, do some damage from his back, and really make Maia pay in the later rounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back