FACT: GSP vs. Nick Diaz is literally the lamest fight imaginable

QuitYourCrying

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1. The first fight was boring as sin. Easy 50-45 decision and these guys don't match up well stylistically. The wrestler vs. the guy who gets taken down by a stiff wind. Gee, I wonder what's going to happen?

2. Nick Diaz hasn't won a fight since 2011. Let that sink is. The guy is completely irrelevant in 2016.

3. GSP mopped the canvas with him the last time they fought. It's not like there was a flash KO or one guy got tired. We saw a full 25 minutes and Nick had NOTHING for GSP.

4. Absolutely no point of a rematch. The fight does nothing for either fighter's legacy. Even a miracle upset victory for Diaz means nothing. Wow... you beat GSP after he was retired for 4 years and had already blown out both knees. Congratulations! Here's a pot brownie.

5. There is no conceivable way Nick will have anything more to offer GSP than he did last time. It's not like he can stuff take downs all of a sudden. Is he just going to hope that GSP got really, REALLY bad since he's been retired?

Just a lame-ass meaningless fight. Would much rather see the CM Punk vs. Micky Gall fight, to be honest... and I'm a huge GSP fan. I'd rather GSP stay retired than have meaningless rematches with guys he completely smothered and smoked. If he's going to rematch, do it with Hendricks.

Yeah Nick is in a weird place. He's a big draw but isn't a contender. Meanwhile, he wants to fight contenders.

GSP wants a money fight just as much as Nick does. Neither are real contenders at this point in time. It's probably going to happen.

Diaz needs to get his ass beat again to learn his place. He actually said he didnt want to Robbie because Robbie is coming off a loss.... He probably expects to fight for the title over and over and over until he wins or retires

GSP wants a money fight just as much as Nick does. Neither are real contenders at this point in time. It's probably going to happen.

"Money fights" are fights lots and lots of people want to see and will spend money to watch.

How is GSP vs. Diaz a "money fight"?

Diaz needs to get his ass beat again to learn his place. He actually said he didnt want to Robbie because Robbie is coming off a loss.... He probably expects to fight for the title over and over and over until he wins or retires
blame Woodley for putting that out there in the air, dont blame Diaz. Woodley ruined a Nick Diaz return for the fans because now negotiations between him and the UFC are gonna be all kinds of fucked up.

"Money fights" are fights lots and lots of people want to see and will spend money to watch.

How is GSP vs. Diaz a "money fight"?
Nate is a superstar now. You can promote Nick as Nate's older brother that's getting back into the game to the casuals. Plus any GSP fight is a "money fight" because he is the money. This is just an easy tune up match for him where he'll make fucking money stacks you fool.

gsp is the most boring mixed martial arts fighter of all time.

Once he won the title he pulled the same exact shit that people always hated Tim Sylvia for except for whatever reason people were more accepting of gsp.

Your points 1, 3 and 5 are all the same.

Oh...i get it...Diaz 1, 3, 5

Amirite???

I certainly don't want to see it again. It didn't make sense the first time, much less now.

Nate is a superstar now. You can promote Nick as Nate's older brother that's getting back into the game to the casuals. Plus any GSP fight is a "money fight" because he is the money. This is just an easy tune up match for him where he'll make fucking money stacks you fool.
This

blame Woodley for putting that out there in the air, dont blame Diaz. Woodley ruined a Nick Diaz return for the fans because now negotiations between him and the UFC are gonna be all kinds of fucked up.
Blame Woodley that Diaz said he doesnt want to fight Lawler cause hes coming off a loss?

Yeah, the first fight left a really bad taste in my mouth. The fact they gave Nick a title shot over Hendricks(who was on a tear) on GSP's request, then the lukewarm buildup since Nick had lost all of his Strikeforce momentum, then the fight itself which was pretty uneventful. I don't know, maybe the rematch turns out to be a barnburner, but I'm not calling for it.

It was stupid then and it would be stupider now

GSP should honestly stay retired with his knee issues and Nick can't win a fight

Let this die

I'm only interested in seeing Nick fight Conor, Robbie, or some lower level guy. I agree that the idea of another GSP fight is not exciting. The Sonnen rumor peaked my interest though

Agreed. Idiotic fight so it's likely to happen in the current environment. Diaz is to fighting what Carrot Top is to comedy.

If GSP is coming back for 206. Woodley is likely still on the table. Don't listen to Uncle Dana..

Back