Alvarez/McGregor?

Shamrocker

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I don't know a lot about Alvarez..will McGregor have a "war" on his hands if they fight?

Conor either knocks him out stone cold, or gets held against the fence and takes no damage for 5 rounds. No other outcome is really possible.

Good boxing and good wrestling. Capable of adapting fighting style to either end of the Sapp-Alvarez scale - boring as F blanket or Just Bleed ®.

Will be a great test for McGregor at 155 lbs. Could be an eye opening experience for McGregor nuthuggers or vice versa for his haters. Not sure what happens but either way it's good popcorn.

If Conor can't get the KO within the first 2 rounds, Alvarez will close the curtains on him.

Conor either knocks him out stone cold, or gets held against the fence and takes no damage for 5 rounds. No other outcome is really possible.

5 rounds? See the Mendes fight.

Eddie won't last more than two arounds with Conor.

The UFC missed it's opportunity to see an optimized Conor when RDA pussyfooted out of their scheduled fight. Conor is a different animal at 155 where he has more KO power and his cardio won't be an issue.

Good boxing and good wrestling. Capable of adapting fighting style to either end of the Sapp-Alvarez scale - boring as F blanket or Just Bleed ®.

Will be a great test for McGregor at 155 lbs. Could be an eye opening experience for McGregor nuthuggers or vice versa for his haters. Not sure what happens but either way it's good popcorn.

Gotta love some of these guys acting like Eddie has absolutely nothing for him. Big fan of both guys, but it's funny how underrated Eddie still is around here

xShB_5.gif

You're a Joker...

Alvarez has good stand up and solid grappling. He's a different animal than Nate, bigger and stronger. Hopefully the fight would turn into a war but I see Alvarez having the advantage, of course Mcgregor has proven me wrong more than once.

Gotta love some of these guys acting like Eddie has absolutely nothing for him. Big fan of both guys, but it's funny how underrated Eddie still is around here

That's what makes these debates so fun though.

-"It's a tough fight for Conor, I see many paths to victory for both" "I agree, tough one for Alvarez, but I'm rooting for him" = thread fucking over.
-Conor touches his chin and destroys this fool in 2 minutes." "Get Conor's dick out of your mouth Alvarez tools his 145 midget ass" "F U :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:" = thread fucking awesome.

500,000$ camp required for Conor to work is TDD or he gets Draped, Raped, & Grappled into pixie dust...

200.gif

Imagine if Mendes had been bigger than Conor, thats this fight. Alvarez via brutal stoppage

-"It's a tough fight for Conor, I see many paths to victory for both" "I agree, tough one for Alvarez, but I'm rooting for him" = thread fucking over.
-Conor touches his chin and destroys this fool in 2 minutes." "Get Conor's dick out of your mouth Alvarez tools his 145 midget ass" "F U :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:" = thread fucking awesome.

Lmao touché

Danis takedowns >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alvarez's takedowns.

Conor will laugh them off an sleep him.

70% TDD

I think it is Conor's best option to fight Alvarez now.

If Khabib beats Eddie then Khabib is a Potential nightmare.

Ferguson is no picnic either.

Conor can beat Eddie. It is not a sure thing, but IMO the best matchup for Conor at the top of 155, and current champ so he could get the 155 strap. Eddie is tough- he will have better wrestling and cardio than Conor but if Conor hurts him early that cardio edge could go away.

Eddie has definitely tightened up his defense but in the as the was fairly hittable, not a good trait when facing a KO artist. He has power of his own to make things interesting but I think Conor has a significant edge in striking as Eddie is more of a wrestler/boxer/brawler and Conor is a technical striker with better acuracy and more polished.

Also- people thinking that the Nate fights have anything to do with how Conor matches up with Eddie are stupid.

Either man can win. I'd give Conor an edge but his best bet by far is to hurt Eddie early.

Last edited:
I think it is Conor's best option to fight Alvarez now.

If Khabib beats Eddie then Khabib is a Potential nightmare.

Ferguson is no picnic either.

Conor can beat Eddie. It is not a sure thing, but IMO the best matchup for Conor at the top of 155, and current champ so he could get the 155 strap. Eddie is tough- he will have better wrestling and cardio than Conor but if Conor hurts him early that cardio edge could go away.

Maybe but Eddie is known for his cardio, and durability. I also think Eddie is a much tougher fight than Furguson

Last edited:
I don't know a lot about Alvarez..will McGregor have a "war" on his hands if they fight?
If you don't know much about Alvarez, but have enough interest in MMA to join this site, might I suggest you dive head first into youtube and/or fight pass and at least catch up on the top ten fighters of each division in the UFC and some of the hall of famers. At the very least if you have little time on your hands check out the Alvarez/Hansen, Alvarez/Chandler fights. Those will give you an idea of what he's made of.

Was thinking the same. Alvarez may not have the most exciting style but he's a tough grinder that just knocked RDA stiff.

That's why I asked.I don't know what kind of jaw Alvarez has.Like him or not Conor punches are brutal.What kind of ground game does Alvarez bring?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back