Why is Mighty Mouse fighting some mystery winner from TUF?

Crushasaurus

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Wilson Reis, Jussier, and Makovsky are all more deserving of the right to challenge DJ. Not saying any of them will win, but I but they will do far better than whoever wins TUF.

Because no one knows who the hell those guys you mentioned are. Figured they put these guys on tv and maybe a guy stands out and gets some attention from the casual crowd?

Because Benavidez doesn't want to get slept again, but they still want their TAM buddies to make money, so behold; another TUF with TAM.

It seems like the UFC for some reason wants him to surpass Andersons title defense recrd. I mean he is being billed as the best p4 fighter in the world, and they were about to have him fight Wilson Reis, a guy on a goddamn 1 fight win streak

Now theyre giving him the winner of TUF. An absolute fucking joke. MM should move up and try to get revenge on Cruz if he wants to be #1 p4p

Because no one knows who the hell those guys you mentioned are. Figured they put these guys on tv and maybe a guy stands out and gets some attention from the casual crowd?

Yeah I suppose you might be right. I didn't know TUF was still on TV to be honest. I thought it was like a fightpass thing now, which led me to conclude that it likely wouldn't get much casual interest.

I dunno tho... I guess finding a 125 lb. Garbrandt/McG clone might generate interest in a MM fight.

What the fuck does it matter lol he's already beaten everyone and no one in that division has any name recognition aside from himself obviously.

It seems like the UFC for some reason wants him to surpass Andersons title defense recrd. I mean he is being billed as the best p4 fighter in the world, and they were about to have him fight Wilson Reis, a guy on a goddamn 1 fight win streak

Now theyre giving him the winner of TUF. An absolute fucking joke. MM should move up and try to get revenge on Cruz if he wants to be #1 p4p

I agree about MM moving up. Not his fault that no one can compete with him at 125, he's just too good and too smart to Rock 'em, Sock 'em style. And while he will go down as an all time great, I think some people are gonna claim that despite his win streak, his resume isn't very impressive.

Johnson cleaned out his division, and even among hard core fans most only recognize like three of four flyweights.

You're totally forgetting Smolka, dude. THAT is the guy I want to see fight Demousetrious next... I don't give a shit, after he wrecks Pettis jr, make it happen, Dana.

Extra level of difficulty for the champ lol. He's already beat everyone up so they're bringing in champions for him to slaughter.

Hes cleaned out the division.

Take note conor...thats how you clean out the division.

Last edited:
My guess is they will be selling the champ vs champ angle with the winner of TUF 24 fighting DJ and that will give Reis or Makovsky time to rack up another win so they can push that fight afterwards. The options are 125 are limited for DJ & the Cruz rematch seems like the one fight that the majority of people want to see.

Because all of those guys have lost to people he's wiped the floor with, and they need something different to get some kind of attention for his next defense.

Makovsky has done nothing to deserve a title shot.

*in b4 Tim Elliot wins TUF*

You're totally forgetting Smolka, dude. THAT is the guy I want to see fight Demousetrious next... I don't give a shit, after he wrecks Pettis jr, make it happen, Dana.

For real Smolka is dope. I don't think I've seen any of his fights except the one he ended with a sidekick.

And phrasing it as "The guy I want to see fight" DJ is good too. I personally think Jussier has the skills to eek out a boring 3-2 but I would not watch that for free (much less pay). Makovsky is really good, but doesn't do anything in particular better than DJ. I think Smolka certainly has a chance to pull a Condit and score a huge head kick on the champ. That's pretty much the only way I see DJ losing to someone at 125.

I figure they're just trying to make the season more interesting, but most people don't really care about male flyweights so I doubt it works. MM will just beat whoever they give him anyways and flyweight needs some new blood about as much as heavyweight right now I guess so I'm not mad at it.

Makovsky has done nothing to deserve a title shot.

*in b4 Tim Elliot wins TUF*

I thought he deserved that shot more than Dodson deserved his second shot. Makovsky/Dodson was about as close as any fight could be.

Anyone know how much weight MM cuts if any to make 125?

Back