John Dodson walks around at 165lbs

120wrestling

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
http://www.csnnw.com/video/john-dodson-iii-previews-ufc-bantamweight-fight-john-lineker

Don't think I can embed videos from CSN. But it blows my mind when the interviewer asked Dodson if it was tough to put on weight for 135 and he says that it is still hard to make BW because he walks around at almost Welterweight.

How crazy is it that Dodson walks around at only 5-6 pounds lighter than McGregor and outweights gigantic Featherweights like Mendes by 10lbs (Mendes states that he walks around at 154-156.

No wonder this dude sleeps people, FLW like Mighty mouse, Benavidez, Horiguchi have all put their walk around weight at 143 to 150 TOPS. His 30-40lb cut when he was trying to make FLW makes Conor's cut look light....he's theoretically bigger than Edgar. I assume he's a bloated 165 so maybe his true natural weight might be 155-160

Still crazy

If true it explains why he was the closest anyone's come to taking DJ's belt and then faded as the rounds went on. It can only negatively affect your cardio to have to lose that much weight for a fight.

Ya'll do know that walkaround weight isn't what he's cutting from, yes? He's not cutting 40lbs for a fight. He diets down probably to about 145lbs, or less, and cuts water from there. It's likely that he puts on a fair bit of weight between fights if he's walking around at 165lbs being that he's only like 5'3.

Ya'll do know that walkaround weight isn't what he's cutting from, yes? He's not cutting 40lbs for a fight. He diets down probably to about 145lbs, or less, and cuts water from there. It's likely that he puts on a fair bit of weight between fights if he's walking around at 165lbs being that he's only like 5'3.

Yeah, clearly. It's just puts it into perspective that this guy is cutting a greater percentage of his weight yet still is professional enough to make it (and without any issues seemingly) while normal sized Welterweights like Hendricks can't even make the weight

Yeah, clearly. It's just puts it into perspective that this guy is cutting a greater percentage of his weight yet still is professional enough to make it (and without any issues seemingly) while normal sized Welterweights like Hendricks can't even make the weight

I'm not sure what Hendricks is thinking these days in regards to a weight cut. He's still talking about eating hamburgers and shit during camp, just leaving off the bun like he's figured out some kind of fucking Atkins secret formula for success.

All I know is that if Hendricks didn't eat like he makes $6 an hour he'd be able to make the weight no problem.

I'm not sure what Hendricks is thinking these days in regards to a weight cut. He's still talking about eating hamburgers and shit during camp, just leaving off the bun like he's figured out some kind of fucking Atkins secret formula for success.

All I know is that if Hendricks didn't eat like he makes $6 an hour he'd be able to make the weight no problem.

Hendricks might as well retire, he doesn't even look like he tries anymore

I thought he was eating the bun also but not eating fries was his big secret?

Whatever it is, the shit ain't working.

WRONG!! Dodson's trainers are just lying man.

He walks around at 135 just like Nate walks around at 175!!!!

I thought he was eating the bun also but not eating fries was his big secret?

Whatever it is, the shit ain't working.

That's what it was. Either way, he needs to drop burgers during camp to begin with, or not binge eat between fights like he just discovered southern food for the first time.

I can't believe Dodson is a dog to Lineker. Betting man's dream

<18>

There is just no way lol, I'm like 5'7 and I weigh 148lbs, I'm lean (18% body fat) but toned from working out and have pretty thick legs/calves genetically and I seriously can't imagine Dodson weighing like 15lbs more then me lol, I'm not saying I'm the biggest guy around or saying that I'm as fit as Dodson but I'd bet my house I'm bigger then he is, at 5'3 assuming that's even his real height he'd have to be like overweight and flabby to weigh 165lbs seriously, considering he seems naturally skinny boned (skinny legs no offense) and not thick its even more unbelievable :/

Back