Why do Sherdoggers think Garbrandt can't "touch" Cruz?

mideastbeast

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Urijah Faber landed 26 headshots in his rematch with Cruz a couple of months ago. Granted most of them barely landed but 7-8 of them were clean. Faber landed a total of 34 significant strikes in that 5 round fight. Obviously Cruz dominated the fight but I'm trying to make a point.

Dominick slips most strikes but how many shots do you think Cruz can take from Garbrandt?

I'd say Cruz should be favored but counting Cody out or saying he would only have a punchers chance is ridiculous.

Discuss.

Source: FightMetric

Plus Garbrandt is much faster than Faber is nowadays. He'll definitely surpass Faber's numbers.

Cody by KO

Because inkt is heavy. Cruz is fast.

Maths N*(**a

Faber only landed like three clean shots from what I remember...& one was from him holding onto Dom's foot when they were getting up. Also Cody's gas tank has yet to be tested, especially by someone like Dom. Cody will have to conserve his energy but that's going to be hard considering how emotional he gets.

Garbrant isn't Faber

I think this is a very interesting matchup as Garbrandt is crisp, fast, technical and has power. I think this is definitely the fight to make

Urijah Faber landed 26 headshots in his rematch with Cruz a couple of months ago. Granted most of them barely landed but 7-8 of them were clean. Faber landed a total of 34 significant strikes in that 5 round fight. Obviously Cruz dominated the fight but I'm trying to make a point.

Dominick slips most strikes but how many shots do you think Cruz can take from Garbrandt?

I'd say Cruz should be favored but counting Cody out or saying he would only have a punchers chance is ridiculous.

Discuss.

Source: FightMetric
Cruz dominated Faber easily...gap between them was huge. Faber is Garbrandt's father. That's why.

Plus Garbrandt is much faster than Faber is nowadays. He'll definitely surpass Faber's numbers.

Cody by KO

TJ dillashaw actually said in an interview that cody garbrandt has the fastest hands he has ever seen

Sherdog is so intensely clasped onto Cruz's nuts that he probably has elephantiasis of the scrotum by now.

They think he's invincible and nobody can touch him, so it's no surprise.

But I agree with you wholly: Cruz will be (and should be) favored against Garbrandt, but I can see Cody pulling off the win here.

Because this is Sherdog. And in here the common theme is, if you are holding the belt, you can't lose.

Edit: Except if u are Woodley. In that case you are about to get stomped on by Wonderboy.

He can obviously touch him.
But can he KO him? Can he beat him?
These we don't know - and the current data points to no. Cody doesn't have much experience, he rarely goes deep into fights because of his power and he'll be facing a guy who probably doesn't get enough points for his toughness. Cruz also has a masterful command of distance, and even when he gets hit clean he tends to be moving away from the shot, and he rolls well with punches.

I think this is a very interesting matchup as Garbrandt is crisp, fast, technical and has power. I think this is definitely the fight to make
Lineker is right there, his win over Mc Donald is bigger than Garbrandt win over Mizugaki imo

Garbrandt looks like he has some fast hands. And a lot of power in them. If he lands one its gonna hurt. And there will be a lot more comming. Would love to see this fight. Im hoping for fight night sacramento in december

It really is fucking stupid. Garbrandt is most likely the best boxer ever in the BW division. Footwork is excellent, speed is unreal, huge power, crisp technical strikes. Garbrandt only has defensive weaknesses, which wont matter against Dom

Faber landed 26 headshots in the rematch... you think this speaks to Garbrandt's chances?? in 25 minutes, Faber lands 26 head shots, this means Garbrandt can WIN?

Back