Does Cruz´ footwork and angles...

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
... have any effect on reducing the power of his strikes?

in b4, he´s the best bantamweight we have seen fighting, I agree, Barao coming 2nd, imo...

I really like Cruz' fighting style and movement, the way he uses his head and footwork to faint and create angles to attack and also to evade are really awesome, but sometimes I think those same angles make him overextend a little thus reducing his power. He´s still great avoiding counters, despite the overextension, imo.

But when I look at the biggest KO artists in the game, the majority of them didn´t / don´t move or "dance" around that much while throwing bombs, it´s more like a "planted stance" (like Cro cop, Rumble, Hunt, Lineker).

But this is just what I think, and I want to know your opinion. Can he improve this or do you consider it a "natural attribute that you´re born with" like Lineker, Dodson and Garbrandt?
What are your thoughts?
cruz faber.jpg

Seems kinda pointless in fixing something that isn't broken.

54bS9uk_zpsjw63dvhj.gif

His power was fine against Mizugaki. Not many fighters KO Faber or Dillashaw so you can't hold that against him.

In general guys with really good cardio often tend to have less power, and vice versa, guys with big power tend to have shitty cardio.

Yes
But he doesn't care. He could probably finish many BWs but the top guys are tough as nails.

I wouldn't be surprised if he finished Cody if they fight next to be honest

At times, the momentum of his entire body works against the punch he is throwing.

Yes
But he doesn't care. He could probably finish many BWs but the top guys are tough as nails.

I wouldn't be surprised if he finished Cody if they fight next to be honest
You´re right, he probably could, but I think he cares and probably doesn´t like when people say he doesn´t have power.... lol... I´m sure he´d love to put guys away earlier and not give them a chance instead of going 5 rounds every time.

You´re right, he probably could, but I think he cares and probably doesn´t like when people say he doesn´t have power.... lol... I´m sure he´d love to put guys away earlier and not give them a chance instead of going 5 rounds every time.

I don't think he could have stopped Fabrr or Killishaw if he set his feet tbh. Or Joey B or DJ. Remeber dude has fought excellent fighters

His power was fine against Mizugaki. Not many fighters KO Faber or Dillashaw so you can't hold that against him.
He just took mizugatekeep down and rabbit punched him for 30 seconds. Fun fact thats Cruz' only finish in 6 years and the only non-contender he fought in 6 years

I really really dislike his movement it works for him but I don't like it or understand why everyone thinks it's good it reminds me of Emanuel Augustus.

Cruz does not throw with 100% on most of his punches. When he really went for it, he knocked Miz silly. He probably doesn't have the most power, but he has shown he isn't pillowfisted, either.

His "footwork" and "movement" are random. Don't buy the "genius" comments being applied to him by some folks on this site. And yes, of course it affects what power or accuracy he can apply to his strikes.

Trades power for elusive which hes pretty much mastered tho he caught faber with stronger shots this last fight than previous ones

I really really dislike his movement it works for him but I don't like it or understand why everyone thinks it's good it reminds me of Emanuel Augustus.
It's good, because his opponents have a really hard time landing on him. Some call it dancing, but I'm sure Cruz and his 22-1 record don't really care about that.

His "footwork" and "movement" are random. Don't buy the "genius" comments being applied to him by some folks on this site. And yes, of course it affects what power or accuracy he can apply to his strikes.
Watch some video studies of his movement. They are constantly-adapting patterns. He isn't doing some freestyle interpretive dance, you know.

Honestly, it depends on how he shifts his weight.

If he is cutting an angle, how he does.

If he shifts his weight for a counter punch, the punch that is going to counter should have all the weight shifted into it.

I love it when he just slips and slides oncoming punches. A thing of beauty to watch.

Back