Conor's first fight at LW should be against Aldo

mmmjojo

Tapped in 1.3 secs
@Brown
Reaction score
I think it's unfair to all FWs that Conor never defended the belt. This is why I think a fight with Aldo at LW would solve all the issues. If Aldo loses, well it wasn't meant to be. If he wins, he legitimizes the FW belt. On the flip side, if Conor wins, he closes the FW chapter of his career. If he loses, no shame in losing to one of the best of all time.

So we solve the issues of Featherweight by having them fight at Lightweight?

Bold move, Cotton.

Conor's first fight at 155 should be Khabib.

FrmHy8emnUk.jpg

The Featherweight champion should fight the interim featherweight champion at Lightweight to legitimise the title???

I've seen some stupid suggestions in my time, TS, but that one wins by a long way.

Fighting Aldo at 155 isn't a bad idea, at least that way Conor doesn't have to cut a load of weight for a fight that has less than a 50% of going ahead.

I think it's unfair to all FWs that Conor never defended the belt. This is why I think a fight with Aldo at LW would solve all the issues. If Aldo loses, well it wasn't meant to be. If he wins, he legitimizes the FW belt. On the flip side, if Conor wins, he closes the FW chapter of his career. If he loses, no shame in losing to one of the best of all time.

Aldo fight at LW has no championship implications. Conor isn't going to waste a fight on a pointless rematch that doesn't sell.

If you want to talk about fairness, Aldo has pulled out of a half dozen championship fights and made Conor wait a year with his injury pull out. It's only fair for Conor to return the favor and make him wait 1.5 years.

I'm sure this idea sounded excellent in your head.

You'll get em next time champ.

Nobody can honestly believe conor will fight anyone at lw other than the champion. Not a chance..

no fooking way uncle dana will let baby conor fight khabib lol

Little khabib hasn't beaten anyone in years. The guy didn't fight for like 2 years. Lets seem him beat some top guys. I'm sure after conor ko's alverez, he'll fight khabib.

You will not find a single conor fan on the planet that agrees with that.
What I'd like to know is why people love fighters who lie on other fighters for 25 mins and consider them better 'fighters'. Khabib prob beats Conor and I don't even care, he goes out of his way to avoid getting in to s fight for as many rounds as he can, Conor tools him on the feet.

I'm wondering something regarding Conor mcgregor's next fight because I don't read anything about it on media:

IF he fight the 155 lbs champion ( Alvarez ) and wins this fight, he would be the Lightweight division champion,
but would he be considered a 2 weight division world champion??? or just the LW division champion? if he wins this
fight would he still be the featherweight champion? or would he be ripped of that (FW-) Belt?

New on this Forum, greetings to all ;)

I'm wondering something regarding Conor mcgregor's next fight because I don't read anything about it on media:

IF he fight the 155 lbs champion ( Alvarez ) and wins this fight, he would be the Lightweight division champion,
but would he be considered a 2 weight division world champion??? or just the LW division champion? if he wins this
fight would he still be the featherweight champion? or would he be ripped of that (FW-) Belt?

Welcome.

Most people would I think agree UFC should strip him of 145 title if his next fight were at 155. So that will be interesting to see how they market that for sure.

Maybe the best thing for UFC would be to wait for the outcome of the fight. If / when he loses he can at least still be marketed as champ even though he will be 1-2 in his last three with a controversial win. If he wins its great for them, he can announce his official move to 155 and request Aldo be his first defense at 155. Seems like that route would please the most people lol.

Welcome.

Most people would I think agree UFC should strip him of 145 title if his next fight were at 155. So that will be interesting to see how they market that for sure.

Maybe the best thing for UFC would be to wait for the outcome of the fight. If / when he loses he can at least still be marketed as champ even though he will be 1-2 in his last three with a controversial win. If he wins its great for them, he can announce his official move to 155 and request Aldo be his first defense at 155. Seems like that route would please the most people lol.

Wouldn't be really honest to let the outcome decide what he becomes, they should make it clear to him before the fight in my opinion win or loss...

Anyway I would understand that holding a title without any title defenses wouldn't be as convincing as 1 without a defence, I would LOVE to see an Aldo rematch, but I would love to see Conor holding 2 titles at once. It never happened in UFC before and I kinda feel like deserves the challenge, he proves it every fight...

Logically this should happen; 1 defence against Aldo - if win- next is LW title shot, and then followed by the reward of holding 2 titles simultaneously...

All you need to know is McJabroni does not deserve to fight for the 155 belt and will get demolished by Alvarez

Back