Shedding Some Light on Mike Perry's Colorful Past (Charges, Mugshots... Oh Boy!)

James Baller

Black Belt
Banned
Reaction score
To say UFC welterweight fighter Mike Perry's past is a troubling one is to put it mildly. Racist comments are far from the top of Perry's concerns.

He's got a rap sheet. Among his charges include battery, "holdup for pickup", violation of community control. Probation violation (failed drug screening). Robbery. Multiple issues. And all public record.

Source: http://florida.arrests.org/search.php?page=3&results=14&fname=michael&lname=perry&fpartial=True

Here are just some of my favorite mugshots of the Platinum one.
201400000208.jpg

14002423.jpg

201400002391.jpg

Safe to say victims of his transgressions won't be rooting for this guy any time soon.

Perry's own words on his woes? From his appearance on the MMA Hour: "I am under probation and I have things to oblige to. I was arrested 5 or 6 years ago for burglary. And I was put on 2 years community control, 3 years probation. After being out on bond for a year. I did violate the community control with a failed drug screen. I did almost 6 months in jail. I got out, they reinstated probation, and I've been working on that ever since."

On whether his UFC debut will help him turn things around: "Absolutely. I've been turning it around. I learned things the hard way in life. I didn't have the proper guidance."

My two cents? It's a shame that the martial-arts occasionally attracts Perry's kind. But perhaps he can turn things around. Perhaps he can't.

We shall see.

Last edited:
I remember there being a fuss when Abel Trujillo first came to the UFC, but it seems like most people forgot about his past by now.

First thing Mike Perry did after getting out of jail was go to a UFC gym in Florida. Somehow, that makes me wanna root for him. Hopefully he keeps his shit together in the UFC.

This isn't very surprising after seeing his behavior at the weigh ins.

I hate when guys like Perry can kick my ass.

Mere foibles, my good man.

Look at that skull! Built for battle. War Platinum Mike!

I wonder if his failed drug screen was for estrogen blockers.

He sounds like he's got a short fuse and doenst give a fuck

Those are good things if you're a fighter. Hopefully fighting helps him stay out of trouble

Role model material. I like him even more!

Put him against another 'humble' fighter asap so he can clown him at the weigh ins and wreck him in the actual fight!

Thanks for stalking down Perry and providing us with info.

Also, thanks for judging Perry as a human being based off his past mistakes TS. Real commendable of you, i'm sure you're not a judgmental person irl at all

I think it's funny that so many want these athletes to be squeaky clean goodie two shoe choir boys...it's fucking fighting...you dorks!

U feel better about yourself for displaying the dirt on this guy TS?

By the way those "racist" (lol) comments were by his corner not him, correct?

Thanks for stalking down Perry and providing us with info.

Also, thanks for judging Perry as a human being based off his past mistakes TS. Real commendable of you, i'm sure you're not a judgmental person irl at all

ah shut your fucking fingers up. if TS didn't, TMZ would. America loves this shit. see: celebrity jail clickbait.

smh

I like how his moostash moves around in the three pictures in op

ah shut your fucking fingers up. if TS didn't, TMZ would. America loves this shit. see: celebrity jail clickbait.

smh
Yep, cause TMZ sure does love investigating the past of 1-0 UFC fighters no one knows of, right?

who cares what people are like out of the cage.. rapists.. murderers.. druggies.. thieves. all that matters is how they make me feel in the cage! causing carnage! i'm a big jones supporter due to my philosophy.

Hey, this is fighting! Platinum Mike isn't running for political office, pal!

BREAKING NECKS AND CASHING CHECKS! Absorbing energy and whatnot!

Yep, cause TMZ sure does love investigating the past of 1-0 UFC fighters no one knows of, right?

If he were to ever become mainstream, of course they would. That's what they do. And people click the fuck out of it.

TS is ahead of the game.

Back