What do you guys think of Rick Story?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Beat some tough guys, lose to others... What u guys think?

I think that he shouldn't have tried to kickbox with Cowboy

He has the tools to beat anyone at 170. He just doesn't seem to be able to keep it together for more than 2 fights at a time. Sadly time is not on his side anymore. He is 31 with 11 years in the game.

His last win was pretty nice, but he had way more experience then other buddy. If he could keep his shit together I feel he could be a strong contender.

Were those Mike Pierce allegations from years ago ever proven?

Solid grinder. Perennial gatekeeper. If you can beat him, you're legit as it gets. Never really came back from the Brenneman loss though, when it looked like he was destined to be a top contender.

I think that he shouldn't have tried to kickbox with Cowboy

This.
JR pointed out as well. I didn't really get why he tried to stand and bang so technical with Cerrone.
He did upset me when he defeat Thiago Alves. I don't think is gonna be rilevant anymore in the WW division

he'd whoop cerrone if they ever fight. i doubt cowboy will make a spalsh at ww enough to meet up with horror story though.

He's had some horrible injuries. I think he might be done as a future contender. Hope im wrong, I like the guy. Really expected him to beat Cowboy.. Who looks ridiculous at 170

Inconsistent and gatekeeper level for a long time, but never truly a contender due to his ups and downs.

he'd whoop cerrone if they ever fight. i doubt cowboy will make a spalsh at ww enough to meet up with horror story though.

fry.PNG

He's solid fighter and a gatekeeper, he will win some fights and lose to others. I don't see him as contender anymore.

I like him. He's a tough fight for anyone and he's tough as hell. I'm surprised Cowboy TKOd him

Well rounded guy who never seemed able to put everything together after he lost his momentum with his losses and injuries some years ago. His injuries and experience might've worn his body out too much for a real run at the title but at 31 he might prove me wrong.

If he can stay healthy and active while polishing some of his skill maybe he can get some momentum again. I think many of us thought Bisping was done as a top contender before 2016 and look where he is now.

Should have cut him when he lost to that short notice Spanish afro dude.

Back