Anthony Pettis vs Johny Hendricks, Who Has Had the Worst Downfall?

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anthony Pettis 0-3 since march 2015 against:

RDA
Alvarez
Barboza

Johny Hendricks 0-2 since february 2016 against:

Gastelum
Thompson

I say pettis he got beaten down into another division

Pettis had superstar written all over him. I really don't know what happened to him? Very sad fall..

Pets did better in his loses imo

Well I dunno he got tooled by RDA pretty bad. So its probably even

We will see on Saturday

Hendricks. I feel with the right mindset and gameplan(s) Pettis still has a lot of physical upside to him. Hendricks has looked like shit physically the last year and a half to 2 years.

RDA
Alvarez
Barboza

Gastelum
Thompson

Hendricks I still think Pettis can be a legit contender where Johny looks a bit washedup.

Talk about flighty. No wonder these guys hate fans.

Definitely Hendricks.

Pettis is one fight removed from a SD against the current LW champ. Look at the guys he's fighting guys, not a can in the bunch.

Hendricks has just physically looked like dog shit since USDA

Hendricks obviously. Pettis defended the title and lost to 2 champs and a possible future champ.

Fighting murderous competition probably didnt help matters

He was beating everyone for a time dominantly. Benson, Gil, Cowboy. He fucking destroyed and embarrassed Cowboy. Now he would likely be finished by Cowboy.

Good question. I'd have to go with Hendricks, but he lost in stunning fashion. While Pettis just has stunning fashion (j/k).

One didn't eat his Wheaties the other had too much of it.

Definitely Hendricks.

Pettis is one fight removed from a SD against the current LW champ. Look at the guys he's fighting guys, not a can in the bunch.

Hendricks has just physically looked like dog shit since USDA
Wonderboy and Gastelum arent cans neither. I knew Gastelum would whoop Hendricks, but it was surprising he did it with his hands rather than grappling. But yea Johnny lost to USADA

Pettis is still fun to watch

Pettis was meant to go down and fight Aldo anyway; he only stepped in against Benson as a replacement.

I think he'll do very well at 145 lbs, and people will say in retrospect that it was amazing he was able to achieve what he did at 155 lbs at all.

Hendricks, on the other hand, just looks like a shadow of his former self in there. USADA? Got lazy? Hard to say, but he's said himself that he's lost something.

Wonderboy and Gastelum arent cans neither. I knew Gastelum would whoop Hendricks, but it was surprising he did it with his hands rather than grappling. But yea Johnny lost to USADA
Yeah, definitely not.

That being said idk. Pettis' losses have been closer. He has some upside imo compared to Johnny. Like WTF did hendricks do against gastellum? that was shit

I say Hendricks. Lost the belt to a guy he already beat then went on to miss weight, then got KOed, then missed weight and lost to Gastelum. I'm a fan of Gastelum but I have to say while he's certainly got great potential his losses to Woodley and Magny show he still needs some polishing here and there and yet he was still able to beat Hendricks.

At least Pettis always made weight and hasn't been finished. And Alvarez looked pretty beat up by the end of their fight, I think with two more rounds there's a decent chance Pettis could've finished him. I don't two more rounds would've helped Hendricks against either Wonderboy or Gastelum

RDA
Alvarez
Barboza

Gastelum
Thompson

Pettis vs Alvarez was a close Split Decison. Pettis might be two fights away from a Title Fight.

Hendricks has looked like a different fighter.

Tim Burke - BloodyElbow.com30-27Alvarez
Rob Tatum - CombatPress.com29-28Alvarez
Wrestling Observer - 29-28Alvarez
MMABrasil.com.br - 29-28Alvarez
Jim Edwards - MMALatestNews.com29-28Alvarez
Jason Floyd - TheMMAReport.com29-28Alvarez
Nick Baldwin - BloodyElbow.com29-28Alvarez
Paul Fontaine - WrestlingObserver.com29-28Alvarez

Dallas Winston - BloodyElbow.com29-29DRAW

Cory Braiterman - MMAMania.com28-29Pettis
John Pollock - Fight Network28-29Pettis
Craig Amos - BleacherReport.com28-29Pettis