Nate Diaz Dropped a Spot in the Lightweight Rankings After Fight With Conor at 170

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
He drops to #5 behind

#4 Edson Barboza
#3 Tony Ferguson
#2 Rafael Dos Anjos
#1 Khabib
C: Eddie Alvarez

I don't think he deserved a spot in the top 5 at all. He did beat Michael Johnson, but other than that, he hasn't done jack shit in a long time. He is 3-4 in his last seven with one of his wins being Gray Maynard and the other Conor.

It is clear the UFC gifted Nate the top 5 ranking based the fact that they need to make it seem like Conor had a fight with a legitimate top 5 lightweight. Nate is fringe top 10 at best IMO.

connor-mcgregor-memes_8.jpg

He drops to #5 behind

#4 Edson Barboza
#3 Tony Ferguson
#2 Rafael Dos Anjos
#1 Khabib

I don't think he deserved a spot in the top 5 at all. He did beat Michael Johnson, but other than that, he hasn't done jack shit in a long time. He is 3-4 in his last seven with one of his wins being Gray Maynard and the other Conor.

It is clear the UFC gifted Nate the top 5 ranking based the fact that they need to make it seem like Conor had a fight with a legitimate top 5 lightweight. Nate is fringe top 10 at best IMO.

And pettis is the number 7 guy and is 0-3 whats your point other then some blatant conor hate

And pettis is the number 7 guy and is 0-3 whats your point other then some blatant conor hate
How is it Conor hate?

Pettis finished Cerrone, finished Benson, finished Melendez. He has a split decision loss to the current champ. That is what earned him his fucking ranking. It is not that complicated.

Nate has two top 10 wins in the LW division and one of them was over five years ago. Let that sink in.

He drops to #5 behind

#4 Edson Barboza
#3 Tony Ferguson
#2 Rafael Dos Anjos
#1 Khabib

Champion : Eddie Alvarez-be interesting though id pick eddie
1 Khabib Nurmagomedov -lose

2 Rafael Dos Anjos -lose

3 Tony Ferguson -win

4 Edson Barboza -lose

5 Nate Diaz

6 Donald Cerrone -he would mentally fuk him again

7 Anthony Pettis -id say lose but he is a 45er now and has looked garbage so who knows

8 Dustin Poirier -win

9 Michael Chiesa -win

10 Michael Johnson -win

I dont think its fair to say he is a fringe top 10 ,especially not considering he has his ranking took away from him for contract related issues

Rankings don't matter

Champion : Eddie Alvarez-be interesting though id pick eddie
1 Khabib Nurmagomedov -lose

2 Rafael Dos Anjos -lose

3 Tony Ferguson -win

4 Edson Barboza -lose

5 Nate Diaz

6 Donald Cerrone -he would mentally fuk him again

7 Anthony Pettis -id say lose but he is a 45er now and has looked garbage so who knows

8 Dustin Poirier -win

9 Michael Chiesa -win

10 Michael Johnson -win

I dont think its fair to say he is a fringe top 10 ,especially not considering he has his ranking took away from him for contract related issues
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he sucks. But rankings are not based on potential, they are based on recent resume.

He doesn't have but two wins in the current top 15 at LW and one was way back in 2011. As much as people will say:

"Diaz smoked Cowboy".

Cowboy is 8-1 in his last 9 at LW with a win over the current champ and is 11-1 in his last 12 overall. Yet he is not in the top 5?

That is why I say Nate's rank is a gift.

How is it Conor hate?

Pettis finished Cerrone, finished Benson, finished Melendez. He has a split decision loss to the current champ. That is what earned him his fucking ranking. It is not that complicated.

Nate has two top 10 wins in the LW division and one of them was over five years ago. Let that sink in.

Pettis isnt at 55 anymore and is 0-3 nate just is 1 fight removed from beating down mj and conor not sure were mj was ranked at the time but he was looking like a real contender until then.

Id say his ranking is reflective of were he is in the divison

He didn't do anything to earn fourth anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he sucks. But rankings are not based on potential, they are based on recent resume.

He doesn't have but two wins in the current top 15 at LW and one was way back in 2011. As much as people will say:

"Diaz smoked Cowboy".

Cowboy is 8-1 in his last 9 at LW with a win over the current champ and is 11-1 in his last 12 overall. Yet he is not in the top 5?

That is why I say Nate's rank is a gift.

He shouldnt be ranked at lw though he is fighting at ww now.

Whatever.

He probably will only fight Conor the rest of his life anyways.

He drops to #5 behind

#4 Edson Barboza
#3 Tony Ferguson
#2 Rafael Dos Anjos
#1 Khabib

He shouldnt be ranked at lw though he is fighting at ww now.
I'm just giving you an example. He is supposed to be fighting at both LW and WW though and wants alvarez next.

I don't exactly see how Nate earns the top 5 spot at this point. Conor was a great win but he's a FW and consequently unranked at LW.

He's got that impressive 29-28 over Michael Johnson (who was coming off a loss) but other than that, absolutely nothing impressive since 2011. This is arguably the deepest division in UFC. You should have to do more to earn a top 5 spot imo. That's my only point.

He drops to #5 behind

#4 Edson Barboza
#3 Tony Ferguson
#2 Rafael Dos Anjos
#1 Khabib

If you beat a guy that is ranked #5, you should not only replace him but move up one. which he did. #4 was legit. Michael johnson was title bound after another win. So that win was huge for nate.. a loss at 170 should not effect him at 155lbs. that's just stupid.

He drops to #5 behind

#4 Edson Barboza
#3 Tony Ferguson
#2 Rafael Dos Anjos
#1 Khabib

Well, the rankings system right now is a f'ing media popularity contest so there's that.

But, I don't think his win over Conor is insignificant. He remains the only guy to have done it in the UFC so far and Conor is very likely to take a stab at the LW belt soon.

Well, the rankings system right now is a f'ing media popularity contest so there's that.

But, I don't think his win over Conor is insignificant. He remains the only guy to have done it in the UFC so far and Conor is very likely to take a stab at the LW belt soon.
I don't think it is insignificant at all. That was a solid win but nonetheless, Conor isn't a LW. Beating him shouldn't earn you a top 5 LW ranking, albeit I think they gave him that before the first Conor fight to legitimize him.

Back