Conor should fight at LW before FW.

pjswmkj

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
It you're going to jump 2 weight classes, you should do one at a time. He originally was planning a LW fight vs RDA and wasn't ready for WW. It took 2 fights to prepare for WW. He bulked up quite a bit, and should not cut to 145. He should pace himself, and cut to 155 first, take his time getting smaller.

McGregor can/should fight at 155, and he should do it soon. Either Diaz 3 or Alvarez at MSG. Then he should be good to go with alternating between FW and LW, and can quickly schedule his first FW title defense before a year of winning it, thus not having to vacate it.

Note: I don't believe a champ necessarily has to defend his belt within a year in order to keep it, he just has to schedule a fight within a year. This situation of delaying a title defense will happen to McGregor more than once in his career if he holds 2 belts and you consider injuries will happen.

it'll help him drop down to 145 lbs., yes.

it's still going to be ridiculous that he'll have 3 consecutive fights outside FW though.

I'll tolerate it because he fights 3X a year and I'd like to see Eddie Alvarez lay n' pray him to oblivion.

Holding two belts in the UFC simultaneously would never work. If Conor wins the LW, he'll relinquish the FW.

you mean like he used to, before he came to UFC?

They should strip him if he does that.

If Connor is smart he will fight at LW and forget about going back down. We all saw what happened to Roy Jones, plus he already beat the best FW of all time who will most likely continue to dominate his division.

If anything he could fight the FW champ at a catch weight in the future.

He should defend the belt or drop the belt. Either is fine.

He should definitely be allowed to hold onto his belt while he fights at LW. After that fight Aldo.

I don't agree at all, letting a year go by without defending your title and simultaneously taking 3 fights consecutively outside your division. If he's healthy and active he should be defending his belt. He want LW next, all good, but he has to vacate. He fights Eddie next that would mean he will go prob a year and 3 months with no title defenses. Which is ridiculous.

Agree with you TS, I want to see Conor holding two belts. And lolz had giving the belt to Aldo, Conor KO him in 13 seconds. What a champion it would make

It you're going to jump 2 weight classes, you should do one at a time. He originally was planning a LW fight vs RDA and wasn't ready for WW. It took 2 fights to prepare for WW. He bulked up quite a bit, and should not cut to 145. He should pace himself, and cut to 155 first, take his time getting smaller.

McGregor can/should fight at 155, and he should do it soon. Either Diaz 3 or Alvarez at MSG. Then he should be good to go with alternating between FW and LW, and can quickly schedule his first FW title defense before a year of winning it, thus not having to vacate it.

Note: I don't believe a champ necessarily has to defend his belt within a year in order to keep it, he just has to schedule a fight within a year. This situation of delaying a title defense will happen to McGregor more than once in his career if he holds 2 belts and you consider injuries will happen.

it'll help him drop down to 145 lbs., yes.

it's still going to be ridiculous that he'll have 3 consecutive fights outside FW though.

I'll tolerate it because he fights 3X a year and I'd like to see Eddie Alvarez lay n' pray him to oblivion.

Agree with both. Cue the stupid answers though.

If he drops the belt, then ya for sure.

Why are people so casual with Conor defending his his FW belt whenever he gets around to it, when there's a whole division still ladder climbing and trying to make their money..? Ooops! I think I answered my own question because they "CASUALS" and 1 man fans...

Conor shouldn't fight at FW ever again. Why drain yourself when you already conquered the division and killed the king in 13 seconds? There's nothing left for him there.

Who are the top FWs right now? Aldo and Holloway. Victories over both. Nothing left to do, nothing left to say.

Conor shouldn't fight at FW ever again. Why drain yourself when you already conquered the division and killed the king in 13 seconds? There's nothing left for him there.

Who are the top FWs right now? Aldo and Holloway. Victories over both. Nothing left to do, nothing left to say.

Conor holding two belts simultaneously would be pretty nice. More fighters could dream of fighting Gregor for the red panties

I don't agree at all, letting a year go by without defending your title and simultaneously taking 3 fights consecutively outside your division. If he's healthy and active he should be defending his belt. He want LW next, all good, but he has to vacate. He fights Eddie next that would mean he will go prob a year and 3 months with no title defenses. Which is ridiculous.

I've pretty much had the same mindset, but recently I've started thinking that the FW division does have an interim champ. What really is the harm in Conner competing in higher weight classes as long as Aldo is steadily defending his belt and keeping the division moving along?

Back