Point fighting is the reason I'm not in the UFC

Macalpinerules

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
when I first started watching MMA 13 years I ago, I did so because the best fighters at the time were finishers. Guys like Fedor, Wandy, Chuck, Rampage, Big Nog etc. These guys were always going for the finish and usually got it. And as a young fan it was inspiring to watch. I remember the time Fedor jumped in the air and came down on big nog with a hammer fist, it was just brutal ground and pound. I told myself that I would be doing the same thing to someone in Pride or UFC when I got old enough.

But then the point fighters started taking over the sport. Guys like GSP, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo, Dominick Cruz etc. The rise of the point fighters pretty much killed all the MMA aspirations I had. My dream wasn't to 50-45 a guy, it was to KO someone so bad that big John would not only stop the fight but also pronounce the guy dead. But that stuff doesn't fly anymore. Finishers have a hard time climbing the ranks and they have a hard time finishing because their opponents are doing point fighting tactics and disengaging. So as a result I could care less about fighting and trying to get a title shot. Because in the end nobody cares for your effort. Look at how badly the UFC just treated Rory after he nearly gave his life in the cage against Lawler.

And as a side note, that's why I love Joanna J. so much. She always Tries to finish these bitches off. The guys can learn from her.

Last edited:
I forgot you on a list I've made a little bit earlier....

Uh... yeah me too brah!! It's not my lack of fighting abilities, it's the sissies filling up ranks, preach

so if there was no point-fighting, ts wouldve competed in the ufc?

"Hey guys, check it out; another Macalpinerules thread!!!"

oh-yeahh.gif

Mac, stop fucking with us, please. You've got KO wins over Hendricks and Stephens, and could single handedly turn MMA around and bring us back to the glory days. We believe in you. As long as you're motivated.

<mma4>

Yeah point fighting. Not the reebok deal. Not the shit pay. Not the damage it has on your health. Not the short career. Not the lack of physical skills you have. Not the lack of everything that makes a fighter. Its the point fighters. Lol

You're not in the UFC cause you come from a long lineage of uncoordinated, unintelligent pussies.

maybe you should watch WWE then, they encourage PED use and fix fights too

also way to make this shit post in 2016 where almost all of the title fights have been upset finishes in the first couple of rounds

I would be UFC champ if it weren't for the other 500 guys on the roster.

if your fighting skills are as good as your posting skills I can see why you're not in the UFC tbh.

A thread by macalpinerules. Thread delivered the lulz.

In ancient Olympic boxing, they drew a circle in the sand. There were no rounds and no time limits. As the match went on, they would redraw the circle smaller and smaller until both boxers were standing right in front of each other with no room to move.

Perhaps the UFC should do something similar?

UFC 2017 champ:

images-407_medium.jpeg

Is TS saying he would fight in the UFC if only finishes were allowed? Other than that, I don't get what he's saying. Really weird thread.

Back