In your opinion, how many champs are not the best in their division?

leolozon

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
And is it the most we have ever seen?

I'll list the champs and some of the fighters who can be in the conversation.

Miocic Vs Velasquez - Dos Santos - Overreem
Cormier Vs Jones (suspension, but still a LH right?)
Bisping Vs Weidman-Souza-Romero-(Rockhold?)
Woodley Vs Thompson-Maia-Condit-McDonald-(Lawler?)
Alvarez Vs Khabib-(Dos Anjos?)-Ferguson
McGregor Vs (Aldo?)-Edgar-Holloway
Cruz Vs ...
Johnson Vs ...
Nunes Vs Rousey-Holm
Joanna Vs ...

If we count Jones and Ronda, I would think 5 or 6 out of 10 are most likely not the best in their division. Maybe even 7, considering that McGregor never even defended his belt.

What's your opinion other than: "They're the champ! They're the best for sure!"

Aldo is better than McGregor everywhere, losing once to the bigger man is something Conor is familiar with and doesent mean anything

Except for MM, Joanna and DC, i don't believe any champ is the best in div.

Aldo is better than McGregor everywhere, losing once to the bigger man is something Conor is familiar with and doesent mean anything
Where did size come in the equation in their fight? Conor didn't even throw a powerful punch, just a swift counter without much power.

Where did size come in the equation in their fight? Conor didn't even throw a powerful punch, just a swift counter without much power.
Reach and height is the only reason he could land that shot, Aldo didnt adjust for the bigger man. Ineffecient with his strategy. Defensive Aldo will embarass him

Reach and height is the only reason he could land that shot, Aldo didnt adjust for the bigger man. Ineffecient with his strategy. Defensive Aldo will embarass him

Defensive Ronnie is embarrassing himself.

So much salt.

Every current champion but 3, MM, Joanna, and Cruz. Everyone else is suspect.

HW - Stipe because I think his ground game is not champion material or anywhere close
LHW - DC is a good champ but Jones is the true champ
MW - A little bit of a cluster fuck, and I suspect Souza to be able to beat Bisping and company
WW - Fuck no Tyron.
LW - Fuck no Eddie
FW - I believe McGregor is a good champ. His run was great, and claimed the belt in spectacular fashion. He needs to either do Aldo II or fight Halloway to fully cement himself
BW - Cruz all day
SW - MM all day

I would have to say Bisping and Alvarez. I still believe that Aldo is better than Conor but he was able to beat the best guy in the division to get the title so I have to give credit where its due, although Frankie would beat Conor

Mctapper
Alvarez
Woodley
Bisping
DC
Stipe
Almost every champ

FACT: JoJed, Mighty Mouse, Mcgregor and Cruz would be betting favorites over everyone in their respective divisions.

Cain would be favoured over Stipe
Jones would be favoured over DC
half the division would be favoured over Bisping
GSP and Wonderboy would be favoured over Woodley
half the division would be favoured over Alvarez
Rousey would be favoured over Nunes

I would have to say Bisping and Alvarez. I still believe that Aldo is better than Conor but he was able to beat the best guy in the division to get the title so I have to give credit where its due, although Frankie would beat Conor

Edgar couldn't touch Aldo, he'd be nothing more than an annoying flea for McGregor that would be quickly squashed after a few swats.

For me Flyweight, BW and FW are the only 3 where the champs are definitely the best.
In the wimins Joona is clearly best but BW is a bit of a carousel.

Mighty Mouse, Cruz & Joanna are the only ones I think you can't debate.

Except for MM, Joanna and DC, i don't believe any champ is the best in div.

You forgot Cruz or you think that someone is better than him?

Isn't it weird that maybe only 3 champs out of 10 are the best in their division? There will be a lot of new champs in the next 2 years.

Edgar couldn't touch Aldo, he'd be nothing more than an annoying flea for McGregor that would be quickly squashed after a few swats.

For me Flyweight, BW and FW are the only 3 where the champs are definitely the best.
In the wimins Joona is clearly best but BW is a bit of a carousel.

Frankie would take Conor down with ease and could probably get the sub. Maybe Conor could squash Frankie if he learns how to wrestle

I don't think Bisping is really very good so I would argue there are a few guys that could beat him. Rockhold, Romero, Weidman, Jacare, Mousasi, maybe Anderson if they fought again.

Back