TJ-Cruz II needs to happen or UFC losses credibility as a Sport Organization

milenss

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
As simple as that.

TJ-Assuncao was promoted as the #1 conteder spot (title eliminator) for a shot at the title. TJ won convincingly, eliminating the guy who last beat him and snapping his 7 fight win streak.

He's the rightfull #1 contender and will be a huge shame to the UFC if it doesn't happen asap.

Yes TJ we have had Sherdoggers make threads about your comments already

Ok TJ....

I still Vote for Cruz Vs Garbrandt

Tj Vs Faber (if he win vs Rivera at 203)

Nah. TJ is boring as shit to hype up a fight
Much rather see Cody vs Cruz, already bad blood there
Cruz wins both, 50-46 UD.

Last edited:
It wasn't easy the first time. Why do you think it will be easy the second time?

Cruz was coming back from a career threatening injury the first time. He dominates him this time.

49b91a8ad9250af612b4123c33f777e8e6a2442fc862abb0f59634bdd3d26824.jpg

This is a sport, but not the kind you want it to be.

As simple as that.

TJ-Assuncao was promoted as the #1 conteder spot (title eliminator) for a shot at the title. TJ won convincingly, eliminating the guy who last beat him and snapping his 7 fight win streak.

He's the rightfull #1 contender and will be a huge shame to the UFC if it doesn't happen asap.
How do you loss credibility? It is possible to lose credibility.

Boring? Have you seen him fight?

Yeah I actually enjoyed the Renan Barao beat downs.
Maybe i should've said boring to hype up a fight.
Cruz and Cody are already talking shit to each other and building up a fight I would much rather see than TJ vs Cruz

Garbrandt vs Dillashaw seems like the perfect title qualifier. Garbrandt has been awesome, but not really against anyone of note yet. I don't think one win is enough to get a guy back to a title shot either. Plus the alpha-male heat would add the juice.

You may think like that, but I doubt the majority of MMA fans feel that it's as black and white as you make it. I personally feel Cruz v TJ 2 is the right option, but I wouldn't be mad if they gave it to No Love.

Well, they went ahead with Hendo-Bisping 2 so there's there definitely no guarantee TJ is getting a shot.

i think the smart play for TJ is to fight out the remainder of his current contract and then get a well deserved raise before he faces cruz again. at UFC 200 his pay was 25K show/ 25K bonus. that's low for a fighter who before that fight was in four title fights in a row previously going 3-1 in those title fights.

IMO he needs to secure a pay increase first before fighting cruz. cruz was coming of a long layoff and won their previous fight. more than likely cruz will do better in a rematch against dillishaw.

It's all about money fights now.

Plus I'm not sure the UFC was ever really credible...

Back