I cant believe they let him walk.

floraluca

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Love him or hate him Rory is a Top 5 WW in the world.How could the ufc let him go after the fight he had with Lawler were he gave his heart and Soul.The fight with wonderboy i dont think Rory was 100% not taking anything away from wonderboy but with rory breaking his nose 2 times while in camp. I dont think his nose was even healed and it showed in the way he faught but he made no excuses about it and if he pulled out of the fight he would of taken alot of bad press.I see the new ufc being alot like the wwe entertainment those days are gone when number 1 contenter faught the champ.Now it's if you can talk the talk and you can fill our pockets up with lots of money your blond and good looking Will give you a shot.All the best to Rory a true Martial Artist who the ufc didn't think he was worth the money he was asking for.

I can still cope with that, but I haven't been able to comprehend yet that how can they release a sensational HW in Jared Rosholt. What were they thinking?

Looks pretty weird to me too.
Maybe they just don't give a F because the knew GSP was coming back and bringing dat Canadian money back

Yep! Lawler vs Rory is one of my TOP 5 favorite fights of all time.
giphy.gif

and when I read this thread title I thought it was about Jon Jones. :D

Looks like Larkin is keeping his options open too.

They've let quite a few top ranked fighters go in recent history....

Is normal

I'm curious to see how much bellator gave him .
Ufc was probably thinking if we give Rory 250k ( that's a guess ) then a bunch of other guys are going to expect the same

I've had friends who aren't even into MMA mention the Lawler vs McDonald fight. Rory is well known, well liked and he's a top WW, I'm shocked to see they let him go

Agreed 100% TS. His fight with lawler, especially the staredown at end of round 4, was a top 10 ufc moment all time for me.

Just when I thought my opinion of dana couldnt get any lower...

RMac will come back ala Rumble. This is good for Rory's career after some of the megawars he has had in the UFC going for the Gold.

He'll win the title wherever he goes and be back eventually.

I think they should have resigned him. He handled the current champ like it was a light sparring day.

It's possible that he was just more valuable to Bellator. He's an amazing talent, but a jab and hug fighter that's awkward in interviews to the point that fans joke about him being a serial killer isn't necessarily worth big money for them. Particularly if he's on a 2 fight skid.

Love him or hate him Rory is a Top 5 WW in the world.How could the ufc let him go after the fight he had with Lawler were he gave his heart and Soul.The fight with wonderboy i dont think Rory was 100% not taking anything away from wonderboy but with rory breaking his nose 2 times while in camp. I dont think his nose was even healed and it showed in the way he faught but he made no excuses about it and if he pulled out of the fight he would of taken alot of bad press.I see the new ufc being alot like the wwe entertainment those days are gone when number 1 contenter faught the champ.Now it's if you can talk the talk and you can fill our pockets up with lots of money your blond and good looking Will give you a shot.All the best to Rory a true Martial Artist who the ufc didn't think he was worth the money he was asking for.

I can. Listen, he's a great fighter...but a gatekeeper at best. He'll never be a champ in the UFC, and he wants to go to a place where he can be a champ...and I believe that he can and will be a champ at Bellator. Wonderboy is a better fighter than Rory...let's be real. All that blond and good looking stuff is nonsense. He's legit and will probably be champion soon.

Look at the Bellator roster....they have money to spend because there's nobody to pay there. I enjoy watching their fights as well...but that's because I enjoy watching fights. The UFC is leaps and bounds above anything Bellator can give me. So that being said, I believe that even though the money may be a little more for Rory...he's taking a step backwards if he wants to fight real competition.

Yep! Lawler vs Rory is one of my TOP 5 favorite fights of all time.
giphy.gif

and when I read this thread title I thought it was about Jon Jones. :D
easily one of the biggest wars ever

Thought this was a thread about Jones getting a slap on the wrist for that hit and run.

War Rory; he's only 27 or 28 and he can pick up some quality wins in Bellator (Koreshkov, Lima, Daley, possibly ‘Venom’ Page and/or Bendo), get paid, and be back for another run at UFC gold still in his prime.

Me neither ... this is one of the worst decisions ive ever seen out of the UFC.
Its unbelievable.

Love him or hate him

I think people who hate the likes of Robbie or Rory should be just killed, their bodies thrown into mass graves or incinerated and the ash of their corpses used in cat food.

rory3.jpg

Back