Am I the only one who thinks Cormier Vs Rumble 1 was a fluke like JDS vs Cain I?

KOfinger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think it was also a fluke like the first JDS vs Cain fight. If they fight again I think rumble murders Cormier. People that says Cormier wins again are the same people that said JDS would beat Cain again.

Cormier by decision I think.....Cormier would be foolish to trade with Rumble.

Mirror universe fluke KO?

Neither were flukes. JDS nearly ended Cain in the third fight early on as well and he KOs a lot of guys quick. And DC ate hard shots from AJ. Rumble may beat DC in the rematch but it doesn't make their first fight a fluke.

Yeah I remember that fluke choke DC got after weathering the storm.

I don't believe it was a fluke for the sole fact that Rumble doesn't have Cormier's pedigree in wrestling. Rumble is at best a mediocre wrestler, at worst he outright sucks. That is his weakness, and Cormier takes full advantage of it.

Not at all. DC is better than Rumble. Rumble just has heavier hands.

Ha that fluke back and forth fight that led to DC tapping Rumble?

Go and get some sleep TS.

Not a fluke, but not necessarily going to repeat again. Rumble got overzealous, put in a bad spot and never recovered. If he comes into a rematch calm and careful and picks Cormier apart from a distance it's AJ's fight to lose IMO.

Not to suggest Daniel's an easy fight, dude is skilled as hell and tough as they come.

This.

HI, can't you give OP like a quota of how much threads he can make in a week?:p You would make this a better place.
This is a good idea ;)

Sorry, ts. But you are now limited to only .5 threads per week.

I don't believe it was a fluke for the sole fact that Rumble doesn't have Cormier's pedigree in wrestling. Rumble is at best a mediocre wrestler, at worst he outright sucks. That is his weakness, and Cormier takes full advantage of it.

Relative to his incredible striking pedigree, maybe, but if Bader and Phil Davis can't do shit to you with their wrestling skill you must be doing something right.

I mean, if the only people who can outwrestle you are Daniel Cormier and (probably) Jon Jones just how bad at it can you be?

<36><36><36>.......Jds win wans't a fluke.....like dc win

I think it was also a fluke like the first JDS vs Cain fight. If they fight again I think rumble murders Cormier. People that says Cormier wins again are the same people that said JDS would beat Cain again.
I think it´s actually the opposite, if you think in those terms. It would have been a fluke if that first punch Rumble landed had KOed DC. But it didn´t... he survived... he got the choke. But even if Rumble got the KO it wouldn´t have been a fluke, it´s just two different styles of finishing fights.

:( Let me bang bro
4uVrg.gif

Relative to his incredible striking pedigree, maybe, but if Bader and Phil Davis can't do shit to you with their wrestling skill you must be doing something right.

I mean, if the only people who can outwrestle you are Daniel Cormier and (probably) Jon Jones just how bad at it can you be?

True, but lets not forget Cormier has the chin, weight, and vicious hands himself, to negate Rumble's average wrestling. When I look at Rumble's wrestling ability, all I see is someone that really practices his take down defense. If that gets breached like it did in the first fight with DC, he is helpless. That makes him decent at take down defense, but not the overall part of wrestling or ground game.

I think Rumble beats DC in a rematch but I don't think the first fight was a fluke, the circumstances are just completely different.

1) They'll both be gameplanned to fight each other.
2) Rumble linking up with Neil Melanson
3) DC has been hurt badly in his last 2 fights
4) Rumble has never looked better.
5) DC is almost 38 years old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back