Rory going to Bellator is huge

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
One, he has a win over the UFC champ
Two, Canadian fans will follow..
Three, Bellator already has a very strong group of fighters.

This could sway things like crazy. GSP sitting next to the broadcaster giving his opinion on the fight etc.

I think he would have more than 2 fans in canada...

i expect lorenz larkin to go to bellator aswell he was unhappy with how he was promoted and hated that he was on fight pass and the magny fight was the last fight on his contract

i expect lorenz larkin to go to bellator aswell he was unhappy with how he was promoted and hated that he was on fight pass and the magny fight was the last fight on his contract
Larkin is one of my favorite fighters but to be fair he had a rough start in the UFC. He was 1-4 until his drop to welterweight, now he's 4-1. I think if he beat Tumenov he would of been in a a better situation.

Larkin is one of my favorite fighters but to be fair he had a rough start in the UFC. He was 1-4 until his drop to welterweight, now he's 4-1. I think if he beat Tumenov he would of been in a a better situation.

That was a real close fight. I actually thought Larkin edged it.

Fighters that UFC doesn't love might go as well....talking about Maia or Jacare

He beat the brakes off Tyrun, your UFC champion not mine. I will tune in to Bellator so see him fight.

signing cm punk was huge. this not so much, just a different channel

Bellator puts on some good fights and is building it's own league of stars. I thought Benson Henderson would be champion by now but the level of competition in MMA as a whole has gone way up.

I wonder if Rory will get a warm-up or go straight into fighting top 2 comp for the belt. Rory vs Koreshkov would be an interesting fight.

One, he has a win over the UFC champ
Two, Canadian fans will follow..
Three, Bellator already has a very strong group of fighters.

This could sway things like crazy. GSP sitting next to the broadcaster giving his opinion on the fight etc.
Was thinking the same, TS. Still not the main attraction but no longer a sideshow (though I've heard it said that the name Bellator isn't ideally marketable in North America if taking UFC head-on...can't speak to that myself).

Rory, Mitrione and Benson's acquisitions have helped push them forward, no doubt; in turn generating more chatter about the promotion and its homegrown roster of Koreschkow, MVP, Chandler etc? Time will tell, but they need bona-fide stars because they're getting pigeonholed for taking "leftovers", so to say. That's a beta-label no org. should be indifferent to.

TLDR: They're getting their name out there.

What would be the next step in your strategy as Bellator shot-caller if your mission statement read to take the org. to UFC-levels? Bellator already has their WME-IMG in Viacom, so sky's the limit.

Donald Cerrone and Jon Jones, LW and LHW champions, Bellator 2017. :p Talent acquisition 101: the young and the restless.

I don't think it's huge. It's interesting, not huge. The casual mma fan won't give a sh**. I'm happy for Rory that he will get a nice payday and I will watch him fight.

I don't think it's huge. It's interesting, not huge. The casual mma fan won't give a sh**. I'm happy for Rory that he will get a nice payday and I will watch him fight.
casuals only know conor,jones,rousey,diaz,and probably cormier tho lol

Back