So now that Rory is officialy with Bellator I want your opinion

iknowthefuture

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/2...s-from-ufc-to-bellator-is-this-the-right-call
Rory's gone to Bellator now for sure. Now the question is do you think he will be champ? I have no doubt about it, I actually think he could be champ in the UFC, he's came close to beating Robbie, already beat the current champ woodley, etc.

Will he get an instant title shot against andrei? i'm pretty sure rory destroys everyone in ww in bellator only fight that interest me a match up with Michael Page who has similar style to wonderboy. I think wonderboy is better than Page imo...I personally think rory is going to dominate bellator and be undisputed champ for awhile.

Last edited:
I don't blame Rory for going to Bellator, the man has his family/future to think about. I am disappointed with UFC though, how could they let the Red King go without putting up a fight like that?

Well, if he gets an instant title shot than I'm assuming it'll be against Andrei Koreshkov since he's the WW champ. I don't see why he'd fight Carvalho (MW Champ). But yeah I do think he'll get an instant shot.

Rory vs Bendo in Bellator.

that way, I can skip that event and know I didn't miss anything important.

Well first off the Carvalho is the MW champ. The champion at Welterweight is Andrey Koreshkov. Unfortunately I feel Koreshkov is a terrible matchup for Rory. A match with MVP would clear the smoke on whether Venom is legit or not. However Koreshkov would dominate him.

Well, if he gets an instant title shot than I'm assuming it'll be against Andrei Koreshkov since he's the WW champ. I don't see why he'd fight Carvalho (MW Champ). But yeah I do think he'll get an instant shot.

This and deservedly so

Honestly he is one of the biggest names in the bellator roster that were still completely relevant when he joined so i could see an instant title shot. Being he fought for the title recently it could be a decent comparison of talent in each org.

A guy who couldn't get through Lawler in a brutal 5 rounds fight while had not extraordinary skills to compete with Wonderboy, Tyron, Condit........... It's not hurtung the UFC WW division at all.

So, he left, I'm ok with that.

thats who i ment i got confused, dont stay up to date with bellator as much as ufc. you guys think he will beat andrei easily? like would andrei be a contender in ufc, i havent seen much footage of him.

I expect Rory to be champ, but I thought Fitch would dominate wsof as well. You never know what can happen, especially since rory's nose might become a recurring problem. I hope he is successful though, & I really hope we get to see him vs mvp

thats who i ment i got confused, dont stay up to date with bellator as much as ufc. you guys think he will beat andrei easily? like would andrei be a contender in ufc, i havent seen much footage of him.
I don't know about easily, Andrei is very underrated like a lot of other Bellator guys. He made Bendo look like an absolute amateur. But I would definitely favor Rory either way.

I won't count my chickens until they're hatched. Rory will steamroll through Bellator and be champ in his first fight? I've heard that before.

Rory will not be champ. He is a faceless fighter who doesn't bring any excitement into the octagon. He will get smashed in Bellator and it will be all down hill for him from there.

Rory will not be champ. He is a faceless fighter who doesn't bring any excitement into the octagon. He will get smashed in Bellator and it will be all down hill for him from there.

Remember Bendo.

I expect Rory to be champ, but I thought Fitch would dominate wsof as well. You never know what can happen, especially since rory's nose might become a recurring problem. I hope he is successful though, & I really hope we get to see him vs mvp

People need to get it in their head that the UFC is not a heaven and earth difference with other orgs like Bellator. Sure it has more talent, but not that much more.

The top guys in these other organizations are on the same level as the top guys in the UFC. We've seen this proven with Strikeforce. We saw it again when Fitch and Bendo got owned in their new homes.

People have been so brainwashed by the UFC Hype Machine that they actually believe that the UFC is the only org that matters.

Back