Farewell Rory...

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Farewell Rory, this is the last time I will be able to make a thread about you in this section and you were a hell of fighter and still are. Great guy, one of the coolest guy from B.C. You represented the non-douchyness of British Columbia and I am grateful for everything and I hope the Bellator treats you the way you should be treated!

Can't see a ton of big fights for him in Bellator right now. Hopefully he gets to go slap the shit out of that goofy fucker Askren at some point.

he signed with Bellator. He didn't retire.

tl, dr wrong section bro

Why would it be the last time you'd be able to post about him in here? Fedor's never fought in the UFC and is terrified to step foot in the octagon and there's threads about him in here all the time.

upload_2016-8-24_22-37-53.jpeg

Farewell, sweet prince.

May flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

the_red_king_by_katarmor-d92fwbm.jpg

We hardly knew ye. Kinda messed up how everyone called you a psycho just because you're a fighter who isn't brash or super outgoing

He will be back. It's a good move for him right now. More money easier fights and time with the kid. He will regroup and be back in the UFC in two years.

I'm glad he's getting paid. Hopefully he rakes in a decent amount of extra cash from all the sponsors he'll be allowed to have.

I'll follow him in Bellator for sure.

Fuck this fucking Reebok deal. Get rid of it

Rory is gone and will not be back. I am glad because he wasn't exciting but just a weird dude who also looked strange. He will not be champ in Bellator either. The UFC made a great decision in letting him go and he will never make as much money there either as he is not a needle mover and he cant draw flies.

And there goes the last fighter to have beat the current UFC champ.... Stupid move UFC, giving away a guy like that.

And there goes the last fighter to have beat the current UFC champ.... Stupid move UFC, giving away a guy like that.

Why's it a stupid move? He'd have to beat Lawler, and Thompson to even get back into title contention in the UFC. I don't see him doing that. The UFC would have had every reason to give him a low ball offer. He's 3-3 in his last 6 fights in the UFC. People were hyping him as the next coming of GSP[which he wasn't]. UFC wouldn't have paid him as much as Bellator would have simply because they don't make money off of Rory. They were hoping to, but he has come up short 3 times in the big fights. Twice against Lawler, and again against Thompson. He is going into Bellator on a 2 fight losing streak.

Maybe he will be back in the UFC, but unless he shows the new UFC ownership that he can win big fights, and win convincingly and be the next big Canadian Superstar Zuffa was hoping him to be, I don't see him coming back.

Why's it a stupid move? He'd have to beat Lawler, and Thompson to even get back into title contention in the UFC. I don't see him doing that. The UFC would have had every reason to give him a low ball offer. He's 3-3 in his last 6 fights in the UFC. People were hyping him as the next coming of GSP[which he wasn't]. UFC wouldn't have paid him as much as Bellator would have simply because they don't make money off of Rory. They were hoping to, but he has come up short 3 times in the big fights. Twice against Lawler, and again against Thompson. He is going into Bellator on a 2 fight losing streak.

Maybe he will be back in the UFC, but unless he shows the new UFC ownership that he can win big fights, and win convincingly and be the next big Canadian Superstar Zuffa was hoping him to be, I don't see him coming back.

He still is the last guy to beat the champ, which Bellator can use to market the shit out of him. If he wins a title there, as long as Woodley is the champ, you'll Always hear about Bellator's champ beating the UFC's.

Rory has been fighting top-level opponements for a long, long time. It's time to build that kid back up. Give him some main events in Canada against 10-15 rank fighters, and he'll be back in contention in no time. He's still easily in the top 5 of the world. And it's not like Lawler and Thompson beat him convincingly. He had Lawler hurt badly and his match with Thompson was a horrible point striking match.

To top it all off, he had the fight of the year with Lawler (not sure it got the title, but it should) and him being featured in the tutorial fight in the UFC game and all that shit. He was finally catching a bit off steam. I think it's a stupid choise, and the UFC didn't manage Rory well at all. The last time that kid fought someone outside of the top 10 has been BJ Penn in 2012. Give the guy a break, give him a few top 10-15 opponements to build his name and confidence back on and he'll be back in contention.

Back