Do you see Pettis losing this?

Mr WorldWide

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Im looking at this in the worst possible scenario for Pettis and I just can't see it. I don't see him getting stopped and I don't see him getting out worked for a decision.

No way he loses this one. If he does, the UFC should maybe considering cutting him, because it would mean he is in very serious decline.

Im looking at this in the worst possible scenario for Pettis and I just can't see it. I don't see him getting stopped and I don't see him getting out worked for a decision.
If Do Bronx gets in sort of compromising position on him, he could very well be in trouble.

First fight at that weight is very touch and feel. But more than that, it worries me that Pettis doesn't even watch tapes of his opponent, if what he's saying is true that is.

I don't know what to expect out of Pettis these days. He simply hasn't looked like the same fighter since RDA destroyed him.

This fight has TKO (Body kick) written all over it

Pettis needs to keep a safe distance with his kicks. Land those nasty kicks in the mid section and du bronx will crumble.

I figured pettis to be like a 3-1 fave over C.O.....only -170, -165...this would concern me if i was a big pettis supporter.Vegas is saying that this would be a very mild upset if pettis lost....interesting, I would be surprised if Pettis lost this.

You know what this might boil down to?

Pettis lost his confidence and has not been able to pick up the pieces successfully. Number 1...he needs to get his confidence back.

Really hoping he looks fresh and bad ass at FW, but who knows at this point. After everything we have witnessed I am done making certain predictions.

If he loses this fight, he needs to consider retiring.

I feel bad for Pettis. He's already lost some fights that he shouldn't have lost.

It's pretty obvious his kryptonite is high pressure wrestlers and yet it doesn't seem like he's doing anything to fix that hole in his game. The blueprint to beat him is well known and his career is fairly well fucked unless he gets favorable stylistic matchups or figures out how to keep his game alive while dealing with a high pressure offense.

He gonna look like Skeletor at the weigh ins.. He is already small at 155..

I hope FW works out for him and becomes a top contender quickly. I don't see him losing to Da Bronx. Would love to see him against Conor, Aldo and Holloway though. If he ever does fight Aldo it just wouldn't be the same though as when they were suppose to originally have fought. That was one of the greatest matches at the peak of their careers that never happened.

Never know. Oliveira has some of the most strange stoppage losses.

Something seems off with him since losing the title, like mentally but what do I know.

Back