@Yellow
Reaction score
Whats nate doing here?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160825-123102.png
    Screenshot_20160825-123102.png
    915.7 KB · Views: 202
setting up his stockton slap.

I don't think anyone would be discussing it had it not happened so frequently in the fight. Fighters are going to move out of an unfavorable situation on occasion, that is just part of the game.

LOL at a single screenshot vs.

Whats nate doing here?
Nate had to chase after Mcgregor so hard that his face started bleeding...

be0206a45dcaa19fc8740f85d3c7e82a
hqdefault.jpg

IIRC Gustafsson got a lot of flak for turning his back and running in the DC fight. Now that McGregor did the same, running away has suddenly the status of one of the greatest, most intelligent strategies in MMA ever. I wonder if we'll see this "technique" implemented more now that the apparent consensus is that turning your back multiple times doesn't amount to timidity and should not be punished.

The old "Chicken de la hoya" move. Pisses fans off. It works to win rds tho.

Only people of knuckle dragging variety would have a problem with Conor moving a way and resetting himself. It's the intelligent thing to do

Conor did Kalib Starnes type running but congrats on W though.

IIRC Gustafsson got a lot of flak for turning his back and running in the DC fight. Now that McGregor did the same, running away has suddenly the status of one of the greatest, most intelligent strategies in MMA ever. I wonder if we'll see this "technique" implemented more now that the apparent consensus is that turning your back multiple times doesn't amount to timidity and should not be punished.

Conor did it ALOT tho. Ive NEVER seen him run so much.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160825-143919.png
    Screenshot_20160825-143919.png
    356.5 KB · Views: 9
The old "Chicken de la hoya" move. Pisses fans off. It works to win rds tho.

I thought it looked bad but actually didn't have a big problem with it. He was doing it to get breathers though. He wasn't just dodging and resetting.

What amused me while I watched the fight was wondering how it would play to all the Conor nuthuggers since it went totally contrary to the image Conor and all his fans have tried to cultivate. They haven't disappointed either. The big Conor quotes have gone from "head clean off" and "No one can take dis left hand" to " he wasn't running, he was just fighting smart" and Conor's own "The illusion of insanity is over, now it's time for the gameplan".

Conor did it ALOT tho. Ive NEVER seen him run so much.

Yeah, circling the cage is one thing, but turning your back looks really bad. And there would be no fight if the other guy did the same every time he found himself in a disadvantageous position.

Back