Khabib Nurmagomedov has one top 15 win

Martialarts123

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I know that win is over the former champion, but my goodness, at least have him win one more before a title shot. Barboza and Chiesa are appealing. He hasn't fought legit competition in 2.5 years.

Hate away

lol Chiesa ranked higher than Khabib?

Not even a Khabib fan to be honest, but dude IS undefeated, and Chiesa has lost a couple of his bigger fights.

I agree with you TS. He came back and beat a substitute school teacher who took the fight on a weeks notice. I'd like to see him face a top 10 guy before a title shot.

He's been injured for most that time. And beating RDA like he did is pretty much like beating 3 top 10 guys

He would probably be favored over anyone he faces at LW which makes him deserving of a shot IMO.

Doubt he'd still be undefeated if he actually fought.

Hard to say for sure. There's nothing flukey about his wins. He's daaaammmmnnnn good and he makes it obvious. But greatness isn't greatness without consistency, so you can't assume he'd be that good fighting as often as someone like Cowboy.

I think there's no better way to prove you deserve to fight for the belt than doing just that. But I don't want a LW champ who barely fights and the UFC shouldn't either. It's tricky with Khabibibibib.

Hard to say for sure. There's nothing flukey about his wins. He's daaaammmmnnnn good and he makes it obvious. But greatness isn't greatness without consistency, so you can't assume he'd be that good fighting as often as someone like Cowboy.

I think there's no better way to prove you deserve to fight for the belt than doing just that. But I don't want a LW champ who barely fights and the UFC shouldn't either. It's tricky with Khabibibibib.

They seem to be just fine with their FW champ barely fighting

6-14.jpg

Tibau was ranked top 15 at the time Khabib fought him by many media outlets as well

RDA was dominating everyone and then Khabib came in and wrecked him, RDA went on to dominate even more top guys in an extremely impressive streak (Henderson, Diaz, Pettis, Cerrone). That one win was enough to convince me Khabib was a top level guy.

this is true, but that + 23 fight win streak is still a pretty damn big deal.

I know that win is over the former champion, but my goodness, at least have him win one more before a title shot. Barboza and Chiesa are appealing. He hasn't fought legit competition in 2.5 years.

Hate away

Stop hating dude, og get a life. I know you are jealous and are having problems in Your life, just do something With it.

You guys need to get your facts right, Khabib beat Pay Healy who was a top 10, Tibau a top 15 and Dos Anjos was a top 5 ranked fighter. I agree that he should get one more 1 against a legit guy to get the TS(altought i wouldn`t mind him getting next) but saying this kinda shit that is clearly a lie so you can devalue him as a fighter when he is one of the best 155 fighters in the world is just stupid.

Back