Rory MacDonald is overrated. Hardly a loss for the UFC

sharkmandude

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
It recently became pretty clear that Rory didn't have the "it" factor to become champ. He's lost to Lawler twice, Condit, and Thompson. Probably would've broken his nose on the glove touch in a rematch vs Woodley. Welterweight is stacked. No need to over pay an overhyped gate keeper

Last edited:
Bisping though. Rory would be all his losses in a rematch.

It recently became pretty clear that Rory didn't have the "it" factor to become champ. He's lost to Lawler twice, Condit, and MacDonald. Probably would've broken his nose on the glove touch in a rematch vs Woodley. Welterweight is stacked. No need to over pay an overhyped gate keeper
If he beat himself, isn't that basically a draw?

In before CAN fans descend on this thread en masse, looking for blood.

Probably would've broken his nose on the glove touch in a rematch vs Woodley. Welterweight is stacked. No need to over pay an overhyped gate keeper

clint_ew.gif

sharkmandude said:
He's lost to Lawler twice, Condit, and MacDonald.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Rory deserves a rematch with Rory..the judges had it wrong

I never really thought Rory had what it takes to be a legend. Still a very tough fighter and has the tools to do well.

Hope he wrecks in bellator

OP is clearly a reasonable and educated MMA fan. Get him in that UFC ranking pool ASAP, they need his genius.

But seriously, good for him, he'll make more money and probably get to be champ

If he beat himself, isn't that basically a draw?
I think you missed his Pro MMA debut. He fought and lost via a controversial decision to Sir John A MacDonald, the first Prime Minister of Canada. But I can see your mistake.

Also a fight against yourself where you lose (and of course win) is actually a No Contest.

You guys realize how young he is? He's not even in his prime yet. He could rack up some huge wins in Bellator and come back to the UFC better than ever. He almost beat Lawler in both fights and he has a win over Maia and the current champ. This "fighter A is overrated" crap needs to stop.

Ya 27 and has a win over the current champ. In his second UFC fight at age 21 he lost in the last seconds to Condit. He has only lost to three current top five fighters and was in one of the best fights of alltime .......what a bum. I can't wait till your next post about about how you are excited to see Artem Lobov fight again.

Not a smart move for the UFC. The guy has a dominant win over their current champion.

Should've kept him.

Not a smart move for the UFC. The guy has a dominant win over their current champion.

Should've kept him.
Plus it's always good to have good Canadians on the roster to pander to the hockey and maple syrup crowd.

I think you missed his Pro MMA debut. He fought and lost via a controversial decision to Sir John A MacDonald, the first Prime Minister of Canada. But I can see your mistake.

Also a fight against yourself where you lose (and of course win) is actually a No Contest.
Wrong, it is only a NC if Rory pissed hot. Clearly the outcome is a majority draw with Cecil Peoples scoring the contest in favor of MacDonald.

Back