Remind me why Browne vs Werdum is happening..

cheesus

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Browne is 2-3 in his last 5 with wins over Schaub and a borderline NC against Mitrione, neither of whom I believe were ranked at the time. Werdum being 4-1, with one of those being a beat down over Browne.

So why is this fight happening ? JDS or Cain rematch should make the most sense..someone who is around the top 5, even AA makes more sense for Werdum to get a shot at avenging his loss. Even Mark Hunt has higher stock than Browne IMO.

Browne hasn't done anything to warrant he is a different fighter from the last time he fought Werdum, so how is he being gifted this opportunity ?

Because 1) Rothwell pulled out and 2) Joe Silva sucks.

Because the heavyweight division is dieded

Apparently the UFC didnt even approach Derrick Lewis about stepping in even though he wanted to. Dumb.

Seriously, you think Browne is being gifted an opportunity? Lol, they're feeding Werdum him as an easy win as thanks for doing all the Spanish media.

Browne took that fight on short notice you fucking imbecile.

Browne is 2-3 in his last 5 with wins over Schaub and a borderline NC against Mitrione, neither of whom I believe were ranked at the time. Werdum being 4-1, with one of those being a beat down over Browne.

So why is this fight happening ? JDS or Cain rematch should make the most sense..someone who is around the top 5, even AA makes more sense for Werdum to get a shot at avenging his loss. Even Mark Hunt has higher stock than Browne IMO.

Browne hasn't done anything to warrant he is a different fighter from the last time he fought Werdum, so how is he being gifted this opportunity ?

Browne isn't being gifted this opportunity. Brown is offered as sacrifice because of his relationship with Rousey, and the way he responded to the Mitrione incident. Folks want to see him embarrassed again ASAP and as I'm sure you'll agree, Werdum is the right man for the job.

Imagine Ronda's mental state after seeing her sexy BF getting destroyed twice in a row.

UFC is where only the best and most competitive fights happen

Seriously, you think Browne is being gifted an opportunity? Lol, they're feeding Werdum him as an easy win as thanks for doing all the Spanish media.

Maybe yeah, but it is HW and virtually everyone in that division is struggling to show consistency..most likely Werdum wins again but we've seen crazier shit happen. If Browne wins, it puts him right in the mix.

Its a replacement fight but lets just say....considering all the time left between when the injury happened and the card...that Joe Silva did a poor job, again.

Seriously can this guy even take a piss without shitting himself lately? Damn he even makes Shelby look good.

I hate this fight, we already seen it and it was totally one-sided. Browne does not deserve this fight at all. It was disappointing Rothwell got injured, but there are better replacements.. JDS or Black Beast should have got it

Also HWs dont cut weight (most of them anyway) so taking the fight on shorter notice should be less of an issue than all other weightclasses. Silva probably received many texts from legit hw fighters ready to fill in, he ignored these offers to step in and told himself 'Nah I'll do Browne vs Werdum instead puuuure genius' not remembering it already happened or remember a totally different fight between two other fighters.

<39>

The UFC wants Browne to poke out Werdum's eyes.

I suspect they are looking at this as a way to keep Werdum in the mix with an easy win. Rematches with JDS, Cain and Stipe are all good in my book.

Back